PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I suppose it depends ... on whether you like the sport or not.
If hockey we're a year-round sport ... NHL or collegiate ... I'd be fine with that. Same with baseball, though less passionately.
I watch college football and basketball. I gave up on the NBA back in the 1990s. More recently, I gave up on NFL. The length of their seasons are irrelevant to me.
If every golf course in North America were converted to a wilderness park or nature preserve ... well, one can dream. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My late wife's dad was a gifted athlete, taught himself to snow ski and went to the advanced slope in about an hour. Set records as a receiver on his high school football team. On through life, while he played golf weekly or more often, he always had on "the game," whatever it was. It was perpetual background noise. I'm less devoted, but I've never seen a baseball game -- pro, college, park league, women's softball, little league, etc. -- that bored me. Little Leaguers both play unpredictably and with full energy. The posts are really interesting, the different sports, the different reactions. If you will, keep on.

cfreud

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 1, 2014
As a baseball fan for life, I want to choke every NBA and NHL fan who says baseball season is too long. The NHL and NBA go for 8-plus months. What's more their regular seasons mean nothing by allowing 16 of 31 (NHL) or 30 (NBA) teams into the playoffs. And those playoffs last for freaking ever. Look it up. Were the NBA Finals to go seven games, the season would end on Father's Day. That's mid October to mid-June, nine months. Yes, baseball is 162 games, but that season plus two wild card games narrows the field from 30 to 8. And baseball is done in seven months.
Baseball and the NFL have it right. Their regular seasons mean something and it's hard to make the playoffs. The NBA and NHL, not so much. (And,yes, I'd do to eight teams for the college football playoff — the five major conference champions, the "mid-major" UCF-style team and two wild cards or one and Notre Dame.)

Status
Not open for further replies.