PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Traveling this week for work, didn't want to bring any of my pipes or tobaccos from home in fear of the TSA confiscating them. Head over to the nearest Rite Aid near my hotel, picked up an MM corn cob pipe, Prince Albert and Captain Black White tobaccos to tide me over for the week. I do like the sweetness of the Captain Black but it can be a little too much at times.
Tried the Prince Albert for the first time, smoked a couple of bowls...not too bad, not much flavor, rather mild but does have a nutty taste to it. Had the bright idea to mix a little of both together and just finished a bowl...it was actually pretty good. Tamed the Captain Black down a little and gave the P.A. a little more flavor. This won't replace my normal stash at home, but on the road and in a pinch, it's a pretty good substitute.
Wonder if I can go on my return flight with it...we shall see...

crusher47

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 29, 2014
Forgot to add... my packing technique is getting a lot better...did not have to relight the Prince Albert at all on either bowl. Had to relight the Capt/PA mix only twice :)

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Burley and Cavendish, a natural mix. Good job. I've flown with pipes and tobacco, no problem. It was

my harmonica that looked like a pistol clip to the x-ray screener. I should have played them a campfire

concert as punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.