PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Chris from Cigarworld

Might Stick Around
Nov 21, 2022
Lübeck, Germany
www.cigarworld.de
Hello again from Germany,
as many of you know, the german pipe- distributor Kopp Pipes reintroduced the old brand Barling again.
I know that Barling has a very special relation to the american market, and i was surprised to see that all of their re- introduced series where with mouthpieces for 9mm filters.
But Oliver Kopp gave me an interesting preview of the upcoming new series. All without filter, and all with nice and slim shanks. Will be available at all Barling retailers worldwide. Please don't recognize my posting as advertisement for our shop.
I just want to share this Information because i really think the pipes are very beautyful and well made.
WhatsApp Image 2023-04-21 at 16.12.30.jpegWhatsApp Image 2023-04-21 at 16.12.32.jpeg

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
I thought it was a lion?
You're right. Smoking Pipes doesn't show a top down photo and from the profile it looked like a big fake diamond. Looked at some on eBay that show top down perspective and yeah, it's a lion. Slightly less terrible than a fake diamond LOL

Peter Turbo

Lifer
Oct 18, 2021
CT, USA
I picked up one of the 9mm bent billiards last year and have smoked the heck out of it. Really into these shapes with no filter, cant wait to pick a few up.

Any word on a release date?

celtblood

Lurker
Nov 1, 2023
Hello again from Germany,
as many of you know, the german pipe- distributor Kopp Pipes reintroduced the old brand Barling again.
I know that Barling has a very special relation to the american market, and i was surprised to see that all of their re- introduced series where with mouthpieces for 9mm filters.
But Oliver Kopp gave me an interesting preview of the upcoming new series. All without filter, and all with nice and slim shanks. Will be available at all Barling retailers worldwide. Please don't recognize my posting as advertisement for our shop.
I just want to share this Information because i really think the pipes are very beautyful and well made.
View attachment 218731View attachment 218732
Thanks for the info, I have two Barlings which I keep with my Dunhills, Ashtons, Stanwells, Nordings, Wileys, and Petersons. They are fine pipes, beautiful, and they smoke well. I Do prefer the non-filltre option, and will definitely be purchasing some of these. I hope they have stems with a decent length, I prefer at least a six-inch total in a pipe's length, or something close. The older style pipes with the longer stems are hard to find, most modern ones are far too short for my likes. Do you know when these will be available, and will be on the market on a widespread level?

celtblood

Lurker
Nov 1, 2023
Never heard of them but they have a pretty unique aesthetic
My understanding is that the Barling brand originated not as a pipe, but as a silversmith adding silver to existing pipes. They eventually began producing their own pipes, in London, England. I can't guarantee that's precisely right, just what I seem to recall reading somewhere along the line.

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
These are some sleek looking shapes and I quite like the pencil shanks. Also, a very smart move to release a line without the filters if you're looking to make headway in the US market.

Personally, I like the lion head on the top of the stem. It's a nice little bit of bling.
The lion heads seem to appear on all the newer pipes. Do you know how long ago it was when they started doing this?