PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
I used to (and still do) smoke pipes, clean to keep them tasting normal, but they were not show pipes, I didn't care what they looked like, just how well they smoked/tasted. If I am not buying collectors, am I missing anything? Petes et all, under $150. price. Thanks for all the great info here!

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
nope. great smokers is where its at IMHO. i havent paid more than $50 for any of my pipes, and i have two savinellis (my favorite) and 1 pete. my others are family heirlooms that i wont smoke.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I can only afford a few pipes, so I try to make careful purchases. The few pipes I own were on average around $75 and each one is a "keeper" to me.
But one thing to consider is how easy it might be to resell a pipe should the need arise. That for me is one reason I still look at the better pipes—but have yet to buy one.

hiplainsdrifter

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 8, 2012
You are missing something.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230837202739?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1426.l2649&autorefresh=true
You independently wealthy boys should jump on this.

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
It's a balance between what I consider beauty and function. With that I have 10 Petes all but one are system pipes and only one over $150 which was a gift from my wife. I guess my concept of "pretty" is very narrow :lol:

wolfie90

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 10, 2012
Huntington wv
I really just get what ever strikes my fancy. I dont care much bout the brand name long as i like the looks and it feels good in my hand.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
My best smoker was a jeantet pipe I bought off a cigar site, and it cost me 70 bucks, 95% of the pipes I own cost less than 60 bucks, the most expensive pipe I own cost 140.
I don't own any grabows and the only cob I own is a Jake Hackert Cob,
I think the most important pipe to anyone, is the one they like the best, wether it cost 5 bucks or 5000 bucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.