PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

prairiedruid

Lifer
Jun 30, 2015
Depends on the propane heater.....Most Minnesotans use them to heat ice houses for fishing so long as your careful and makes sure some fresh air gets in once and awhile you'll be fine. Mr. Buddy makes a very efficient propane heater that is safe to use indoors but makes sure you have a carbon monoxide detector to be safe.

northernneil

Lifer
Jun 1, 2013
Try working out a deal with the wife to use a room with good ventelation for the extremely cold days. You would be surprised what a foam seal around a door, good fan / ventelation and an air purifier will do.
If that is absolutely not an option, then your car would be my next suggestion. Just make sure to crank down all the windows on a warmer day to make sure she stays aired out.

michaelmirza

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Chicago, IL
Doesn't sound as if you want to adapt. I suspect you'll be enjoying a pipe even less frequently than you are now.

Sadly, this may end up being true. We'll see.

Michaelmirza, your local lounges, what is the minimum purchase to enjoy? You say you don't want to pick up a tin every time, would they let you buy a box of filters? I'm sure if you regularly frequent, they get less picky about buying each time. Typically B&M stores are small business run by individuals. I bet if you show regularly and buy at least a tin a month they'll be fine with you hanging out now matter how little you buy each time.

This is a good thought! I think consistency will go a long way. This might be my best option.
Thanks for the tips, fellas!

Status
Not open for further replies.