PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jrharrigan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 27, 2020
I'm a real sucker for authors and rhodesians. i didn't really care about author's one way or the next. i had a couple, and liked them well enough. but when i got my first savinelli 320 the heavens opened. i have a second on the way, and i keep checking the pipes for sale thread for others.

• Love
Reactions: Latakia Dave

scottbtdmb

Can't Leave
Apr 14, 2012
It’s a tie for me between a prince shape and the Savinelli 316. Love the prince shape (see my BriarWorks below) for smoking stronger tobaccos from the Gawith’s. With the Savinelli 316, I’ve always felt like this Estella 316 EX (2nd pipe pictured below) smokes Virginia’s better than any pipe in my collection.
32FC3A79-00EC-4C04-95BA-37CE0FD02E5D.jpeg
75EB54D4-5466-4504-822B-83789643DF1E.jpeg

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
My collection is heavily weighted with Lovats (by a long shot), Canadians, Lumbermen and Liverpools. I also like straight and bent bulldogs and Rhodesians. I like billiards but they don't get me really excited........unless its a diamond shank billiard like the Sasieni Perth. Dublins and Apples are fine.

I don't like short or short walled pipes, or pipes with bowls that tilt forward, most bent shapes, and most of the non-standard shapes. Pots, Princes, Belges, Zulus I dislike, but have a few. I'll never have a Blowfish or Hawkbill.

GDWTVB

Lurker
Apr 3, 2021
Dunkirk, NY
I don't have a preferred shape, but I have a very preferred size, BIG. I'm not talking about the smoking chamber, but the outside of the stummel. I have big hands, 3xl gloves, and don't clench, so weight is pretty much a non-issue. I like a big handfilling pipe. I like the feel of freehand or rusticated when smoking giving my hands something interesting to fondle. I love the look of the Author shape but haven't gotten one yet.

Grizz

Reactions: Sweet Home Alabama
May 2, 2020
Louisiana
I like most as long as they look good to me. My favorite is the Italian take on bent billiards, in particular the Savinelli/Rossi 616. I like the stylization of the classic English shape reimagined with those chunky proportions.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon