PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
Interesting. I posted this well-known video on Reddit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/1m6c3z/how_to_smoke_a_pipe/
The video's views jumped over 11,000 in less than 24 hours.
The up-votes and down-votes are kind of interesting to watch. I'll watch the "up-votes" climb, then a minute later a few down-votes return it back to it's lower number. Overall, the video is being well received.

numbersix

Lifer
Jul 27, 2012
I find reddit to be a mixed bag, on the main sub-redits there are a lot of trolls
Very true. The typical redditor is a college kid trying desperately to be outwit his fellow redditors.
Still, I usually check it a few times a week. That single reddit post has resulted in well over 10k video views in less than 24 hours, which is pretty amazing.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
I'm not familiar with reddit, but that video is excellent. I actually pack using that technique often now, works great.

lincolnsbark

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 11, 2013
Interesting competition:
http://www.reddit.com/r/PipeTobacco/comments/1m8xj7/end_of_summer_savinelli_contest/
Feel free to upvote my story under the name "lincolnsbark" as well!

rayje589

Can't Leave
Nov 28, 2012
Thanks for the link. I remember seeing that video when I first started smoking and tried it. Turns out I've been doing it a little wrong so that's why it never packed right for me.

ghost

Lifer
May 17, 2012
Tease the top? Seriously?
Yes Peter...tease the top...gently... :puffy: Use a tamper rather than borning yer finger. Then jost tamp that dowen, and then reloit.
Then sit back...and enjoy it!
Bye-bye...talk t'yagin.

kyriefurro

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 14, 2013
I love this video! I saw it several weeks ago and using this technique was the first time I really felt like I'd done a proper job of packing my pipe. I've since gone back to the 3-step method because it's easier to use for me - you can do it over the mason jar or inside your ziplock (when traveling) without making a mess - but I still use the palm method when I'm trying to pack a pipe quickly, like during my lunch break.

tamer291

Can't Leave
Jun 26, 2013
Well I watched the video and tried the method. Maybe I did the technique wrong cause I had to do way too many relights. But fun to load.

Status
Not open for further replies.