PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Dang it,....I swore to myself I was going to wait a while after the Holidays before succumbing to PAD or TAD.
I didn't make it guys, I'm weak.
I pulled the trigger on a Savinelli Churchwarden and a tin of Burley London Blend .
It was the last churchwarden in stock, so photos to come in a few days.
*sigh*

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Don't feel like the Lone Stranger Tommy.

I didn't pick up a pipe, but I did snag a pound of 1Q, 1/2 LB. of PS Bulls Eye Flake and a Tin of Sasieni Balkan, yesterday as well. :D

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks Lawrence,....Brother's in Weakness are we.

Gotta go watch the OU game.

Good luck to your boys next week!

lordnoble

Lifer
Jul 13, 2010
Which churchwarden did you get? I have a 401 which I love. I recently found that mine needs to be smoked even slower than I had been to keep it from gurgling.
-Jason

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Don't beat yourself up over it! I've picked up a couple additional estate pipes over the past couple weeks as well (and still have my eye on another)!
Picked up a Kaywoodie Colt Yacht mid-December and a Sasieni 4 Dot Bulldog the day after Christmas!

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Look at all those PRETTY pipes!!!!!!!!!! Smell all that wonderful tobacco!!! Just imagine having all that stashed away at home! OK I admit to being an enabler !

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
You're a big help, Uncle Arthur!! :mrgreen:
Here's a picture of one I pulled the trigger on.
Savinelli.jpg

I've been wanting a Savinelli for some time now, and needed a pipe with a medium-sized fresh bowl that I can dedicate to burleys.

redfox

Might Stick Around
Jun 16, 2010
I'm completely in love with churchwardens, great pick up Tommy. I thought you guys would know, what is a good churchwarden that wont break the bank? I see a lot of 'em for 120 and up, but thats just too much money for me.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Hi Red!

I have a couple of suggestions for scratching that warden itch.

I swapped a pound of 1Q for a Missouri Meerschaum Churchwarden, it is a truly great smoker.

Be that as it may....
I was desperate for a Dunhill Churchwarden in my youth. Couldn't swing $650, so this is what I did.
I bought 3 good looking basket pipes (over time), then I sent them off to have churchwarden stems put on.

I have had them for many years and they really smoke well.

You might try that. Total cost for each maybe 30 bucks.

longboys-1-600x450.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Redfox check out these. you may find something that suits you here.

http://store.pipesandcigars.com/churchwardens.html

expatpipe

Can't Leave
Dec 31, 2010
Thanks to ALL of you, I splurged! jeesh, I was sitting around in that cabin looking and reading on here every dang day! At the same time, I purchased online, a Brandy shape from a German pipemaker. I also purchased an Eric Andersen pot, both on the way. Won a little pipe rack on an auction site. On the way. And still got the highest bid going on a vintage pipe ashtray and another little pipe rack. Good God O molly, sorry fellas,For the time being, I'm putting the brakes on this PAD! Ya bunch of meanies! :P

Status
Not open for further replies.