PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I received another donation from someone that wanted to remain anonymous, so while I won't mention your name I still wanted to thank you publicly.
Dan

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
The ride is the weekend of September 27-28. Thank you so much for your generosity decigar. That means more to me than a reasonably priced bag of Stonehaven. :nana:

decigar

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 2, 2013
Well to be fair Yaz, a reasonably priced bag of SH was never in your future :nana:
Seriously good luck in the ride. Remember no one wants to see u in biker shorts!

lestrout

Lifer
Jan 28, 2010
Chester County, PA
Since the next meeting won't be for a couple of weeks, on behalf of the Christopher Morley's Pipe Club I'm making a contribution to Dan's worthy cause to get past the 2/3 goal.
hp

les

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I am late on this but wanted to thank Les and the gang at Morley's for their very generous contribution.
For the rest of you I wanted to share some pictures of my team with me training for our ride. We will be riding over 100 miles this Saturday for MS research.
Here is one with me and one of my favorite team mates. This chick can hustle on a bike:
collette-and-i-600x450.jpg

This is another one of my favorite team mates:
049-600x450.jpg

This is me at my favorite farmers market. Why???? Because they have the best cider donuts outside of Vermont and after riding 53 miles yesterday I thought I deserved one :)
091-600x450.jpg

I want to thank everyone that supported me either financially or with positive vibes. I will be thinking of you guys during the ride.
Thanks,
Dan

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
Really Tim??? That rocks bro. I have no interest in racing per se. Yesterday we did 53 and we averaged about 17.5 and we did one breakaway that was about 2.5 miles with a little undulation of rolling hills. I didn't win it but came in third but topped out at almost 26 mph and held 23 for most of the breakaway. I only ride a Fuji Rubaix 3.0 with factory everything. Looking to upgrade my wheels and groupset in the off season.

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
I usually do a bit over 400 miles per MONTH...You my friend are a stud. How long ago was that?

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
226 miles?????? :worship:
That is ridiculous man. Was that on a training ride or an event? I mean the TDF, Tour of Cali, Colorado, or UT don't have one day events that are that long. Where did you ride and what was the terrain like? It is relatively flat here in southern NJ but we have a few rides that are called the "Hilly Philly" where you are only a few miles outside of the city and the elevation gets tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.