PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
Stanwell No.11
Wide bowl. Will allow the full complexity of the English blends you exclusively smoke to develop, without overly accentuating the sweetness of the Virginias.
Smokes cooler and slower, IMHO, than a taller bowl shape.
Fairly inexpensive in the new editions given the outsourcing of manufacture to, IIRC, Italy. Readily available on-line from the usual major retailers.
To my taste, they smoke well enough that I've acquired a seven-day set.
You said aesthetics don't matter, but I'll not that the look of the pipe was what initially attracted me to it.
Pull the trigger.

ignaciojn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2016
I recently did a "big" purchase of tobacco (7 tins, but it's so expensive here). As soon as I recover, I'll go for the pipes.

Thank you all, sincerely. You've been a tremendous help.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
If you are looking at Savinelli, their subsidiary Rossi, makes the same shapes that are more affordable.
I own a rossi, and I can vouch for the quality of the smoke. The finishing touches on the outside of the pipe are not he best, but the pipe is a good smoker.

kanse

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 9, 2016
For a smoke that lasts and hour under 100$ you want a Savinelli Hercules.
Or Missouri meerschaum Freehand

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Another option is some version of the Savenelli 122 shape pot. Their advantage with English blends is that they have a good wide bowl that lets all of the blend burn at once and bring out the harmonizing variety of leaf. I think I have also seen this in the Rossi line (owned by Savenelli), perhaps even in their Vitoria series at a distinctly low price. Not bad looking in any version.

Status
Not open for further replies.