PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

SlinginBlades

Lurker
Nov 30, 2022
Pennsyltucky
I found this on a poorly listed/described (imo) 'bay listing. Seeings how I like old things (cars,guns,gas prices...) i got it for cheap. Problem is I don't know what the hell it is. I do know it's pretty cool though.
Its 3.25" in height w/a 1.75" o.d. on the bowl. The script is "Victory" with a woman holding a sword in one hand, a flag in the other. There are crossed swords as well as a bottle being poured into a goblet.
Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
20221228_191048.jpg20221228_191056.jpg20221228_191116.jpg20221228_191131.jpg

Reactions: yohanan

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
It looks like there might be a depiction of the American flag to the left of the Victory figure. The figure itself is a traditional depiction of Victory, sword in hand. My guess would be that this is a commemorative clay pipe, maybe 18th century. The word Liberty is spelled in the English manner, so England or the US. Maybe a Revolutionary War commemorative, but I'd need to see better coverage.

lawdogspipes

Might Stick Around
May 19, 2010
It looks like there might be a depiction of the American flag to the left of the Victory figure. The figure itself is a traditional depiction of Victory, sword in hand. My guess would be that this is a commemorative clay pipe, maybe 18th century. The word Liberty is spelled in the English manner, so England or the US. Maybe a Revolutionary War commemorative, but I'd need to see better coverage.
I agree.

Reactions: SlinginBlades