PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Hi folks.
I "MAY" have an opportunity to be in the area of Plattsburg NY coming up in a month or 2 and was wondering if anyone has any experience with B&Ms in the area, and can make a recommendation.
I know NY has brutal tobacco taxes by American standards, but still much tamer than Canadian.
Thanks.
Jamie

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
You might want to call these guys with the same question......
http://www.royalcigars.com/New-York/Plattsburgh/

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Also see if this shop is still in business,
Burning Leaf Tobacco Shoppe

53 Clinton St,

Plattsburgh, NY 12901
(518) 562-3124

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
Another place you might want to call and see if they have what you are looking for is,
Garcia Tobacco Shop
97 Church St

Burlington, VT 05401

Phone number (802) 658-5737

http://www.garciastobaccoshop.com/
It's a ferry ride and about a half hour drive away from Plattsburgh......

P

pipebuddy

Newfie? You from the Rock, B'y?????
I went to The Burning Leaf last summer. A decent choice of cigars, less so for pipes and pipe tobacco but still decent.

4noggins

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2013
I wouldn't waste my time with Garcia's in Burlington. they are primarily Cigars and Cigarettes. They have 4 or 5 Mac Baren blends and a tin or two of Dunhill, that is it.
Rich

4noggins.com

dmcmtk

Lifer
Aug 23, 2013
I wouldn't waste my time with Garcia's in Burlington. they are primarily Cigars and Cigarettes. They have 4 or 5 Mac Baren blends and a tin or two of Dunhill, that is it.
Rich, that's kind of the way I remember them also, from "back in the day"...

P

pipebuddy

Yup for Garcia. I went last year and was very disappointed.

There was a real pipe tobacco shop in Burlington, in the mid 90s, close to garcia, it seems; can't remember the name but I went there with the girlfriend of the time. There was an access to the shop from the street and from inside a little mall. They seemed to have a lot of choices for pipes and tobaccos.

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
I think that was Garcias, just inside the Square Mall. They certainly had a mildly better selection of tins than they do now.

newfie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 19, 2015
Shearstown, NL
Thanks for all the responses.
DMC, yeah, I saw those but didn't know if or how things had changed and I would trust someone's opinion rather than talk to someone who works there and ""may" be willing to say anything to get me in the shop.
Pipebuddy - Yeah, I am. How about you? Where are you from?
Rich, am I correct in saying you don't have a B&M per say, you don't have a store front? Only on-line?
I only picked Plattsburg because it's closest to Montreal, which is where I'll be driving from. If I have to come down the VT side of the river, no biggie. I seem to remember VT has lower tobacco taxes too, right?

P

pipebuddy

Newfie, I'm from Québec; but I married a Newfoundlander, which are the best and finest women God has put on this earth.
jpberg: yes, it was definitively better then. I was sorely disappointed when I walked in that shop, last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.