PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

autocannon

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Indian Trail, NC
I was there in 2009 for my honeymoon but it totally slipped my mind to stop by Peterson's. My wife is a flight attendant so I am planning a trip back just to go to Peterson's. Any other suggestions while I am there?

jharvard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 2, 2011
Here is a very good Dublin "pub" (not your traditional dark wood close knit pub you find everywhere in the city) more of a coffee/have a drink and a bite to eat sort of place. Certainly known for a lot of literary greats as patrons; The Bailey, Duke Street

James Joyce and many more writers were known to be frequent visitors. Nice little place. Here you go: http://www.baileybarcafe.com/ :puffpipe:

kabong30

Can't Leave
Jun 2, 2012
Pipes for everyone! You should see if they'll let you take a tour and bring us back a shout out from the folks in Sallynoggin!

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
The Peterson factory visit is neat, but to buy a good pipe you're better of at James Fox: Fox House, 119 Grafton Street, DUBLIN 2.
Also, drink Murphy's stout. Had one last time I was there in May (see below). I like it better than Guinness. I know that sounds like blasphemy, so let the stoning begin.. :mrgreen:
Murphys_Small.jpg

autocannon

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Indian Trail, NC
Thanks for the pointers gents! My wife and I only had a little time in Dublin back in 2009. We tried and failed to see the entire country in a week. Next time we will spend a week in one county. I'll throw no stones where stout is concerned. I for one prefer Guinness though.

theotherspace

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 15, 2011
Liverpool, UK
Murphys and Cafferys are a lighter stout, but I hear good things. Foxs is a must, there is also Petersons opposite Trinity College, really your tad/pad zone is from trinity up to Stephens Green!
I suggest you take your purchase to either Stephens Green or the Rose Garden in Trinity to test it! Also if your a coffee drinker Insomnia is a good stop to get a coffee to go before you find the perfect spot to sit!
The roof terrace in the Hairy Lemon is highly recommended. And pop into to Capt Americas if your a burger/cocktail fan! If you have a weakness for chocolate go to Penny's and try chocolate soup. After that just enjoy the city!

adam12

Part of the Furniture Now
May 16, 2011
There have been several Dublin visit threads here over the years, you may want to locate them and read some of the suggestions in there

uapiper

Lurker
Sep 30, 2010
When you go to Peterson be sure to look in the drawers below the pipe racks. That is where we found the best pipes. There was one drawer full of nothing but gold and silver mounted supremes, Platos and straight grains. Fox is also well worth the visit.

autocannon

Lurker
Jul 29, 2012
Indian Trail, NC
Thanks for that tip uapiper. Mick I did a side by side taste test of Murphys and Guinness last night. My wife liked the Murphys better too. I can't say I prefer one to the other, they are both great. Mp31guitar, you have to go at least once in your life! Start saving money in a travel budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.