PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
begs the question why are they dealing with recent orders before older ones?
It makes sense: some past orders are already late and a few more days will not change that. Present-tense orders however have an option not to be late.
If they are as on point as they have been in the past, they will be throwing coupons or something promotional in the boxes they send out that are late.

bigpond

Lifer
Oct 14, 2014
Still waiting on my order from IPSD. On the bright side, I did save about a buck/tin over buying from SPC at the time. On other hand, I have had to buy all the stuff from SPC anyway at full price while waiting.
Overall my personal rating of P&C is an F for FU.
These guys are off my vendor list for good.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
It makes sense: some past orders are already late and a few more days will not change that. Present-tense orders however have an option not to be late.
if I was in the position of waiting for my order and saw later orders being fulfilled I would be well Peed off

danno44

Lurker
Jan 4, 2017
It appears new orders are processing just fine. Placed an order last week on Tuesday, received it on Saturday. It was packed good, no damage to contents. Now the orders lingering from the ISPD sale, I finally received that order after 3 weeks, some folks I know are still waiting. It appears to me they are processing new orders as normal and trying to work on the backlog when they can. But with no notifications from them it's anyone's guess what/how they are working their backlog orders.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
If they are as on point as they have been in the past, they will be throwing coupons or something promotional in the boxes they send out that are late.
I've got an IPSD package being delivered tomorrow. I'll find out if there is a lagniappe or not.

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
I talked to P&C people on the phone and by message on Facebook. I'm satisfied with their efforts. I do have several items from the ISPD weekend, from multiple orders, that are on backorder. I've also received several complete orders made since then.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Tuold:
I would contact your credit card company and file a dispute if they have already accepted payment but have not shipped your order.
I ordered a painting from a store in NY about 6 years ago. The owner kept telling me that it was shipped but I never had a tracking number to confirm her statement. I also had to be home to sign for the painting. I got tired of waiting and getting no answers, I filed a dispute with my credit card.
Low and behold, I received a call from the owner the next day as the money had been removed from her merchant account. I had the tracking number mmediately at that time and when my item arrived safely, I cancelled the dispute.
Nothing speaks louder than the removal of money.

ravenwolf

Can't Leave
Mar 18, 2014
My order (3-19) arrived on 3-29, complete, and actually super well packed. Order included tobacco, a pipe, a roll up pouch, pipe cleaners, and a pipe nail. 10 days from click to door, I'm alright with it. Satisfied with the products I ordered, as well.

mlb55

Lurker
Nov 15, 2016
I've got an IPSD package being delivered tomorrow. I'll find out if there is a lagniappe or not.
Package arrived. No lagniappe. No apologetic note. No coupons. Still missing items from IPSD weekend orders.

wlrountree

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2015
I've placed two orders since the week of IPSD and they have arrived promptly within 4 business days, which is the normal for me and have been complete orders each time. Actually received my order from last Saturday today. Side note, I live close to Savannah, Ga so that's how far it has to go.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
I have never had a pipe shop consistently get orders right. Order fulfillment is a detail-oriented and boring process. It is also one of the areas where a business MUST cut costs in order to be profitable. I am rather fond of many of these online merchants, but as I am a Realist, I expect each of them to get some orders wrong per year... and possibly, to get the fix wrong as well (multiple bungles are more likely than one in isolation).

Status
Not open for further replies.