Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

C90074DD-1CCE-4A0D-A047-997B7AF1CE58.jpeg
2AC5BF79-85A0-44CE-87A9-14D473DCFD0C.jpeg
Old pictures, but my great grandfather always wore his CCC pith helmet when he farmed. My earleiest memory was of him and his mules plowing in his pith. Then always wearing it when he drove the tractor. They had some at the seed store when I made my first purchase of seed for the farm, and I wore it for years afterwards as my bald spot started, ha ha.nowadays, it stays in the barn but I wear it like it’s required when out at the farm.
I don’t care what anyone says. It gets more compliments than any other hat I’ve worn.

Mar 2, 2021
Alabama USA
View attachment 94262
View attachment 94266
Old pictures, but my great grandfather always wore his CCC pith helmet when he farmed. My earleiest memory was of him and his mules plowing in his pith. Then always wearing it when he drove the tractor. They had some at the seed store when I made my first purchase of seed for the farm, and I wore it for years afterwards as my bald spot started, ha ha.nowadays, it stays in the barn but I wear it like it’s required when out at the farm.
I don’t care what anyone says. It gets more compliments than any other hat I’ve worn.
I like it.

Jaylotw

Lifer
Mar 13, 2020
NE Ohio
At a friend's vacation house there's a stack of 7 or 8 pith helmets, amongst other odd hats. At some point during every party, He-who-distinguishes-himself-with-alcohol has one of the pith helmets strapped to his head with zip ties, for his safety. A dubious badge of honor. Or we just all put them on so as not to single anyone out. I see pith helmets and taste warm beer and river water. I've never worn one of them things sober. We have traditions which must be upheld.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Just from the picture I was teetering between Asia and Africa, but the thatched roof looked distinctly Asian. Cool someone got it on the first shot. There's quite a knowledge bank on this site. For some reason, the language of the signs didn't help me. Hmmm.

Reactions: macaroni and mingc