PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I've always had a partiality toward blenders who make an effective effort to supply the demand so people don't have to make a quest out of this. With me, big points go with having a blend available, even if it means Sir Walter Raleigh instead of Mr. Fussy Tin Blend. It's pleasant to smoke a rare leaf, but not so as to raise my blood pressure and descend into great disappointment. If you're sellin' tobacco, do it. Not a tease, not a fan dance, and thanks.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Anything for you, David ! I'll change it asap, sir !
haha Old Tom forgot..imagine that. whoops. "It's in the mail"

May 4, 2015
haha Old Tom forgot..imagine that. whoops. "It's in the mail"
I didn't forget. I've just been busy with an office move and was out of town most of last week. It's not a purchase, I'm just forwarding some stuff along gratis that David wanted to try. Would you like some samples too, Kirkland?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
High prices: Oranges $500 pound
Greed : Buying all the oranges available so no one else can have them.
Yes, yes. That is exactly what I did.
img_20170126_074406-337x600.jpg

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
I'm jealous, embers. Been waiting for that one, BUT, if it's not going to be around on a regular basis I have less interest in an item. There are too many good blends to worry about the few.
I do have an idea: Let's put a group together and buy up all the Captain Black Grape, the new Penzance.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Been waiting for that one, BUT, if it's not going to be around on a regular basis I have less interest in an item.
My wife got those for my birthday earlier this year. SPC gets it in every couple of months.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Rattray's had another fruity one, but that went away quickly. I am on a notify on the orange. I have some of R's other blends and am kept fairly complacent.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
They have another one called Blossom Temptation. Lightly flavored natural cherry. Got a tin from a guy in Germany last month, and it's very good as well.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
Lord have mercy! I just took a work break, lit up a pipe and came over to my favorite forum to hang out a bit to see what was going on.
What's the first thing I see? This from Kirkland -
*I thought Mr Pipestud had better business ethics but I was wrong.
*Bunch of greedy pigs, shame on ya.
*And I blame you guys AND Pipestud.
*It wouldn't surprise me if Mr Pipestud's doing dirty work under the tables
For the record, this is the first I've ever heard of some of my friends and customers doing "group buys." All I have to say about that is 'thank you for the business!'
I'll be back shortly. I'm off to stick a bag of popcorn in the microwave. :wink:

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Nothng like a good forum gang-bang to liven up the place. All by a resurrected Jim Nabors. BTW I couldn't stand the guy personaly, but Gomer and Goober..now they were the shit.
So in summary, a small group of guys banding together to buy out the hard-to-get baccies from a webpage ain't my kind of people.
Gee, let's see... How much money have I collected and how many hundreds of tins have I mailed out to this same guy ? Or these two same guys? Or to the same state/location. Ahhh..just a coincidence, But hey..thank you for your business ! ;)
Lots of nice sincere PM's sent to me too..most agreeing with me but afraid to post or some others offering better ways to play with the wild doggies. It ain't all peaches, folks. But I can handle myself just fine.
Keep scarfing that stuff up, ladies... it'll look good in your casket. Take your money with ya too, ya gonna need that shit in hell. hahah.

May 4, 2015
Lots of nice sincere PM's sent too..most agreeing with me but afraid to post
I'm sure.
And if buying tobacco is by itself justification for eternal damnation, then I am royally fucked.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
"Brothers of The Briar"....ahh yes..so warm and fuzzy.
and Tom, it's a bit deeper than "buying tobacco"..lol...but I'll agree on your other statement (royally speaking)

Status
Not open for further replies.