Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Ashdigger, I know how markets work. And people have free-will to take different roads. I thought pipesmkers were more of a "tight-knit group" but guess I'm wrong on that one.
I see good, genuine pipe-smoking people on forums that freely share hard to get tobaccos. They'll send you some or sell you some at a good and fair price. These people know the value of what they have and yet they kindly choose to share it with others.
And there are those people who are greed-based who couldn't care less about others and they want it all for themselves. For example: they do things like throw it on ebay at 3 times the price they bought it for. Or they'll just sit on it with hopes the value goes higher. "Investors." I cal them greedy businssmen. I thought pipesmokers had more integrity but then again I live in a fantasy world.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've been a repeat buyer from Pipestud with no complaints. No one is forcing me to pay the prices quoted. PIpestud isn't running a charity. He's not gouging over life saving necessities or withholding food from famine victims. These are luxury collectibles and consumables for a very niche market. It's not his job to sell at bargain rates, but to get the highest price that niche market will bear. If an item is priced higher than I'm willing to pay, I'll pass. No big deal.
If I have any gripe it's that sales happen at different hours, so it's difficult to know when he'll have another. Often, sales start pre dawn for the west coast, so by the time I get notice, a lot of stuff has sold. Clearly there are a number of people following his sales constantly, so they are in and out in the first few minutes. Quite clearly a lot of people find the prices acceptable and have the means to pay for them, or prices would be less.
These days, I mostly pass because I have more than enough enjoyable smokes, but I still like to see what he's offered and to read the write ups.

Capitalism... the foundation for... what country are you from... cats out of the bag?... WTF? Ha ha

giphy.gif

Ye got me, Gomer. I was trying to cover up the expencive pipe tobacco bidding scam that Steve and I have going on. I have a hand in the Ebay scams also. And, I would have taken over the world if it weren't for you meddling kids... um... err, Gomers.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Big names for greed. Yeah. Again, Cosmic you're veering off topic. ;)
Take those tins to your grave, bud.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Whats the issue, Cosmo? I think you can go back and find that out.
I never complained about Pipestuds prices or ebay prices for that matter and I've openly stated here many times that I have no problems paying high prices for tobaccos that I like. My bitch is about guys who pool together and buy up all of Fallons tobacco.And that fallon plays along with it.
Excuse me but I thought pipesmokers were a special group of guys that had some type of loyalty and friendship. Guess not.

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
High prices: Oranges $500 pound
Greed : Buying all the oranges available so no one else can have them.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A very insipid rant here. Have you no money?
Yes, truth is good, but name calling and basing your assumptions on incomplete data, and guessing other's motives is not on.

Excuse me but I thought pipesmokers were a special group of guys that had some type of loyalty and friendship

Yes, well no... pipesmokers are people who smoke pipes. And, if pooling together with a few friends to buy an expensive tobacco is not the very definition of friendship and loyalty, then I don't know what on Earth you are talking about.

Us loyal friends buy a tin from a guy who you won't complain about guy's prices, and we are all in cahoots for some sort of scam. You make no sense. But, I have enjoyed the exchange here. :puffy:

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Did someone buy up all of some blend? Or is this mostly rhetorical? Huh, what?

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
again show me where I've complained about the prices. I haven't. Ever. :)

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
Cosmo Isn't this what you posted earlier ?
Quote : "We have a member of our pipe club who will pool people's money to buy up as much as he can from pipestud. He will then bring them to our meetings and distribute it among friends. I have no idea what is going to buy or how much, but it sure is nice to have someone like that as a friend."

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
Excuse me but I thought pipesmokers were a special group of guys that had some type of loyalty and friendship.
The amount of gifting and advice and help on this forum is beyond amazing. Take a moment to look it up yourself if you think for a moment there is a lack of it.
To add to it all, it comes between people that, for the most part don't know who they are gifting and helping. To you, I am a bass popper, to me you are Gomer Pyle.
Bottom line, any and every seller wants one thing only...to sell all their inventory at the highest price they can get so they can feed their families, buy shoes or just plain get rich. We get to choose if we participate or not.
Quit your whining.

(buy up as much as he can) does not Equal all. In fact, all that he can usually means two or three tins a month, and paying $60 or so for six flakes a piece is expensive, and yes we will do it over and over. We mean no harm to you, but if it pisses youy off. That's ok. You can always do the same thing... if you can find a group of folks to hang out with.

This is one of the things that pipe clubs do, or can do. But, we can by no means buy out pipestud every month. That would require a force of folks the size of this entire forum.
And, if you are all pissed that someone else bought something you couldn't afford, and we were all sharing, and you were wanting it for yourself... who is the selfish greedy person here?

kirkland

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 24, 2017
bassbug quote :"The amount of gifting and advice and help on this forum is beyond amazing. Take a moment to look it up yourself if you think for a moment there is a lack of it."
Go back and read my posts and you'll find where I mention the great guys here on forums who gladly share and sell sought-after blends to other members.
and for a touche back to you : Quit your whining...and go back and read what I posted. Before commenting.
Next ?

Status
Not open for further replies.