PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cosmicbobo

Part of the Furniture Now
May 11, 2017
Orley, Lucky that your wife enjoys The Ripper and HHHolmes along side you. I wished my wife enjoyed those subjects as much as I do. Alas in my case opposites attract. My better half gets woozy if I mention scabs, and splinters.
Though Xuan and I watch a lot of different TV now we both used to watch murder mysteries. Thanks to YouTube she can see a lot of Vietnamese stuff that was all but impossible to see years past.
Her English suffered when we were first married. She speaks four languages, but living here is different.
Reason I bring this up is when we would watch movies together someone would come on the screen and Xuan would say in perfect English, "He (or she) will die." She was usually right, too

daveinlax

Charter Member
May 5, 2009
WISCONSIN
I've got to give a shout out to Mrslax. She got up at 5 am Friday (our 27th wedding anniversary) morning to drive my sorry ass 7 hours to the KC Pipe Show after I had worked all night. She indulged me in three long days of the pipe life even took me out to our favorite KC BBQ spot before heading home. 8O

img_1113.jpg

jvnshr

Staff member
Sep 4, 2015
Baku, Azerbaijan
What a nice idea Kevin! I met my significant other - Nargiz (from narcissus - daffodil, also Narcissus in Greek mythology) in high school in 2001 and we got married in 2012, we had a son in 2015. I took this one last month, during our summer vacation:
9HaNuEb.jpg

bluegrasspipe

Jan 13, 2017
Vd7JSOd.jpg

I couldn't find a recent one with both of us, but she does put up with a lot of my bulls@*t.. We met September 20 years ago..

tbradsim1

Lifer
Jan 14, 2012
Southwest Louisiana
It will be 51 yrs for us this Dec, I had one rule, nobody leaves the house after an argument. You leave you don't come back. Many times she probably wanted me to leave. :laughat:

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Meant to add:
We've been married 25 years and a bit; our anniversary is New Years Eve. She is a Miami girl born and bred, a 35-year high school teacher of amazing ability, a potter of great talent. She is a genius, deeply brave, sweet-natured, sassy, faithful, bright, funny, passionate, a mom my boys are blessed to have.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I'm seeing a trend, by the way: Most of us appear to have married WAY out of our league.

cosmicbobo

May 11, 2017
I married way out of mine. On our honeymoon I kept looking across the restaurant table thinking how can I be this lucky

Status
Not open for further replies.