PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

taerin

Lifer
May 22, 2012
P&C gets most of my tobacco orders because they tend to have more blends I want than anyone else. Having the lowest prices also helps. They were not good in the past with shipping pipes due to terrible quality control, but they say they have mended their ways and increased that as well, so here's to hope!

rangerearthpig

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2014
I made my first purchase from them a week ago (tobacco) and was pleased with the product and transaction.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
I know a lot of people have no problems with them. But if your gunna ask I will speak up. I have had problems with them along with their affiliates, there is 4 sites/companies running out of the same building there and they do not have their stuff together. Sending me wrong stuff and giving me attitude when wanting a return, saying things are in stock when they actually have none. But I guess they were supposed to get an updated system so who knows... Maybe it's different. I have learned my lesson from buying for them however.
If they want to prove me wrong and provide some decent customer service for me I will change my attitude but it seems like they must have me on radar or something because it's nothing but crap I've been getting.

tanless1

Sep 14, 2010
Aren't you the same guy that

was upset that p&c wouldn't

send you a pound of the right

tobacco until you returned

the pound they'd sent you

in error?

I've been using them for a few years and have had nothing

but great service, even when issues arise.

redbeard

Jan 2, 2013
:rofl:
I presume your talking about me, you have your facts incorrect. But I am not getting into this again, the OP asked opinions and I gave them.

oldredbeard

Jul 20, 2012
I have placed many orders with them and never had a problem, but the new site is taking some getting used to.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
Thanks to all of you.

I may sound like a cheapskate but if i get an order in Greece straight from a online retailer it will get through customs and i will pay 25% fee, but if its from a middle man it counts as personal and it doesn't pass through customs, plus my monthly package gets enriched with more stuff like beef jerky (darn!) and other USA goodies!

:DDDDDD

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Captainian, let me ask you about the reverse commute: What do you send back to your friends in the States? I'm curious about what they can't get here. I know that I can't find the really good Greek olive oil soap here anymore. Greek honey is fantastic. Greek olive oil is wonderful, too. What about tobacco? Are there domestic orientals? Do you have access to whole leaf? from neighboring countries? Pipes? The Inquiring Mind would like to know!
Thanks.

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
we have lots of local farmers that grow their own oriental/virginia/basma tobacco basma is really unique in aroma and flavor! they sell it by the grams since they make it their own and there is no additives from factories e.t.c

friends of mine used it to roll their own cigarettes (with the classic pink cigarette paper that the king of Greece used to provide tobacco farmers with, now it comes in 50 paper packs , without the kings insignia though) never tried it on a pipe.. seems i should! its really cheap compared to the retail prices they sell pouches too!
P.S: you can smell the 'farm' smell on some of them too, not sure if thats good or bad though :DDD

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
also forgot to mention the Greek pipe makers like Alexander Zavvos, Amadeus, Stefanou and more made from exclusively Greek aged briar, also the Amadeus company is closed a while ago so the last pieces count as collectables, i really liked Amadeus for one reason, big bowls - low prices! one of the biggest billiards i've ever seen was an Amadeus.

:DDD

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
By all means, try the Basma. Blend it with some Latakia, some Va. Try an even mix of the three, or just a 1:3 mix of Latakia and Basma. You are fortunate to have access to local "oriental" tobacco! Of course, I'm near Amish Country and can find several varieties of whole leaf, but have I sought it out yet....no....

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
basma is one of the most interesting tobaccos ive tried in cigarettes (when i rolled my own), a friend smoked pure Basma from Ksanthi (the famous Basma motherland) i tried to roll one with his, mellow aromatic taste, not even one pinch on the neck or lungs, it went down like Scottish liqueur thouth the taste was present! it didnt satisfy my nicotine addiction though im sure if mixed will be a beauty!

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I do about half of my online pipe/tobacco business with them. I have had no problem with delays in receiving. They even upgraded my shipping for a particular item because of worry of breakage with the shipping I clicked. I have loved most of Russ' tobaccos of the month. After smelling this month's, though, I may wait till the next polar vortex to smoke it. I also love Randy Wiley pipes and have bought several, as well as the Greeks you don't see too many other places.

tennsmoker

Lifer
Jul 2, 2010
Just got an order in from P&C. Well done, all around. Excellent price, fine job in the shipping. Everything as it should have been.
Not to worry. P&C, IMHO, have got their act together. And it doesn't get any better than Russ when his hand is in the blending.

edgreen

Lifer
Aug 28, 2013
I didn't wait for a polar vortex and smoked my first bowl of "Snow Drift" last night. How can something smoke so much differently than it smells before lighting? All that sickening sweet cocoa aroma burns off with the charring light and only a slight lingering mouth coating as a backdrop. Then the cinnamon starts to tingle the lips. A chili pepper burn on the top, rear palate and a marshmallow, vanilla note in the nose through the retrohale. It reminds me of one of my favorite winter treats, Mexican hot chocolate. Russ is converting me on these aromatics.

acutabovebriar

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 18, 2013
Patras - Greece
Dear Friend Captanian,
I think you need to get you information right because AMADEUS PIPES is not closed; we are very much in business and you are welcome to visit the factory at any time.
Now, to your question, from my experience 4noggins delivers with no issues to Greece. I have used them more than once and every time i had great service and fast delivery.
Give them a try...

howulikeit

Lurker
Nov 3, 2013
You really ought to grab a couple of their house blends by Russ when you order from P&C as well since it's the only place you can get it!

captainian

Might Stick Around
Dec 21, 2013
acutaboverbriar, 2 tobacco stores i've searched told me Amadeus doesn't manufacture anymore.... i guess i was wrong since i did no further research! so why would they tell me that ? :crazy:

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
I have purchased all of my tobaccos and one pipe through P&C and they have been great...One little glitch here and there is no big deal to me and Russ is a great guy and his blends are great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.