PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
A little nerd moment for you. Nazi Germany was mostly anti-smoking.
However the military was a heavy consumer of tobacco. Commissary offered tobacco and tobacco pipes. And store keepers offered these as well... This is the most commonly offered display; however, they offered one for the Luftwaffe (Air Force) And the Kriegsmarine (Navy) as well. ** The Kriegsmarine are the rarest.A22E0963-5961-4F2F-8077-2581E1677B23.jpeg

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
@Searock Fan: I am speechless! The flag underneath is just a little troubling. I am reminded of a scene from Father Ted and as a good Catholic I am never offended by Father Ted as I did consider going into the church instead of university.

Reactions: aquadoc

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
During WWII, briar was in short supply because the areas where it is sourced were battlegrounds. In the U.S., alternate woods like mountain laurel and maple were used. After the war, many pipes were stamped with "imported briar," to emphasize that briar had returned to pipe making.

yohanan

Lifer
Oct 1, 2011
Old Belt/U.S.A.
images

Don't know what Nazi Germany smoked during WW2 and I really don't care, But I do know one of the blends that the Allied Forces smoked. My Father lost his older brother because of a damned maniac trying to take over the world.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: aquadoc

romaso

Lifer
Dec 29, 2010
Pacific NW
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.