Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2011
We are still trying to get the # of ins to 40-50, so we haven't taken

any donations just yet...with the last poster in this thread we will

be at 16/17-ins

rthbaum

Might Stick Around
Dec 25, 2012
Come on folks let's make this happen. I will up my offer to $100.00 to help get us to our goal.
Let's do it! :puffpipe:

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
As an Army Chaplain I would suggest talking to a few Chaplains. There are a few of us who enjoy cigar and pipes. some may not even have thought about extending their ministry through such a lofty and spiritual experience as cigar and pipe smoking.... The smoke symbolizing our thoughts and heart turned towards heaven and the hope that some day our spirits may follow...

:D
I personally spend $50 to $100 a month on my unit alone and run a pipe/cigar bible study and life study club open to all faiths where a word of scripture is explained with a life application based on character development. It's about 10% message, 10% pipe trivia or instruction, and 80% good friends, good discussion and good smokes!
Now other Chaplains may not be so willing to invest as much personal expense into their guys as I do, but perhaps they might be willing to share the spirit especially if they have not thought to extend Soldier care through the love of the pipe. Talk to some Chaplains and see where it goes. Also a lot of Chaplains have connections to church communities who LOVE to send care packages.... They just need to know some specific requests!

hisremnant

Lurker
Jun 21, 2018
Middle East
Greetings all,
I am a leader of team here in the CENTCOM area of operations (Middle East). We are travelling throughout the region, but basing out of Qatar. I went looking for a "pipes for troops" program when one of my fellow Soldiers received a box of cigars from "Cigars for Troops" and I thought that would be a great idea.
So, I found this thread and would like to replicate what Pathfinder setup back in 2012. Is there any appetite for sending pipes and tobacco here to pass along to troops in the region?
My team is ideally suited to passing these things on to folks in the region.
I look forward to any interests andreplies!
God Bless,
Stephan

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I hope men and women in the services, especially those on overseas and combat assignments, know about the pipesmagazine website with Forums. Obviously, some are in no position to spend time on this, but others have down time and need any good recreation they can access. This would give them access to sponsor websites and expansive information about pipes and tobacco. People here are often abundantly generous, so individual pipe needs might be supported along with the exchange of questions and information. New members with the inclination to participate are always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.