Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lqjones

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 8, 2013
Hi all, new to the site, love it. Been on again off again smoker for 20 plus years. More off again but not lately. Very much enjoying my new renaissance of sweet sweet pipe smoking. Nice to meet you all, in advance. Dean

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
Definite girl magnet. When I was younger, that attraction sometimes led to great indoor sports. Nowadays, as an old fart, I get the "you remind me of my grand dad" response. I am surprised by how many women ask me to blow smoke at them.

namuna

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 22, 2013
I was groped and then punched very hard in the stomach, which I was told was a form of seduction
lol, nothing turns me on like a haymaker to the gut from a hooker!

burlpettibon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 1, 2013
Tacoma, Washington
Back when I was in the Marine Corps I used to smoke cigars and I noticed much of the same effect that you are pointing out. That being said I'm a 6'6" 250lb guy so it might have just been hanging around in a busy smoke-pit then the cigar itself. Though I have noticed it drop off a bit with smoking a pipe instead. It could be the age group... I'm usually around people in their mid to late 20s. The observations nowadays tend to be more humorous then admiring BUT! Thats never stopped me and I'm still pretty big so I doubt it will deteriorate to ridicule!

Dec 24, 2012
I have only smoked my pipe in public once and I was nearly killed by all the underwear and hotel room keys that passing women threw at me. I vowed never to make that mistake again.

Jun 5, 2013
Great quotes and discussion. I have had several favorable comments from women when out in public with my pipe. There is a nice "English" pub near my job, and I stopped in there after getting off early one afternoon. They have room for smokers. There was only myself and one other guy in the place, but all of the waitresses, made a special trip into the smoking area to compliment me on the wonderful aroma.

Wellington

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 31, 2012
I'm lucky that my girlfriend really likes that I smoke a pipe, she thinks its sexy, haha.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
My cameras and lenses draw people like a magnet when I am out shooting wildlife in reserves and such. I'm working and they want to chit-chat! A good cigar or a pipe spewing latakia smoke keeps them and mosquitos at a distance. My wife says that I am antisocial. I prefer to think of myself as asocial.
A pipe full of an aromatic usually draws comments such as: "Oh! That reminds me of . . . (insert; grandfather, father, uncle)." The comments are usually from women a third my age. As nothing positive can come from continuing the conversation I tip my hat, mutter incoherently, blush and scuff my toe in the dirt as I turn back to my camera. After they walk away . . . I usually break into quiet sobs. Another reason to stick with a tasty yet reeking blend when out and about.
Getting old is a drag. The alternative is, however, much worse.

Aug 14, 2012
I may have mentioned this before. When I was in college I lusted after a certain classmate who ignored me. One day, at a mutual friend's dorm room, she saw me smoking Balkan Sobranie in a pipe. She came over and asked "may I sit at your feet and smell your pipe." We ended up as close friends and had an interesting relationship for some months. Some women hate all smokers, but some love pipesmokers.

Status
Not open for further replies.