PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
table1.jpg

How many cribbage players in the crowd? A friend, who is way more creative than me, made this for me as a present. I call it a freehand table, never be another one like it.

tokerpipes

Lifer
Jan 16, 2012
Eatonville, WA
I play Cribbage once a month for about 4 hours with some of my dads old ship mates. Penny a point on slow nights. I love the table. Pipes are nice too. Haven't played in a few months but man its fun. You could have 2 games going at once on that table, very nice.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
I play with my Dad whenever we get together.

It's a shame that more people don't play this marvelous game.
"15-2, 15-4, 15-6, and double run for 8's 14"...

"Hey! You ain't haulin' no timber on me boy!"

"Grand-daddy did it"...

"Yeah... But, He was good at it. :D "
:puffy:

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
I still play my old man (the guy that taught me the game) for a penny a point too. Hes got a regular pinnochle tribunal on sunday mornings at the local fire hall.

beewrangler2

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 29, 2012
LOL, just noticed parts and pieces of my Saseini on the floor in pic #2. No wonder the dog loves laying in that spot. :)

jcsoldit

Lifer
Mar 27, 2010
Wisconsin
Great game… I use to play back when I tended bar, but that was along time back. Lately it’s been Omaha or Texas Hold’em with the guys at the local B&M and sometime dominoes on Saturday morning for a dime a point.
Love the table!

orionpyoung

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 5, 2012
Marquette Michigan
Love the game, play it quite often with the locals down at the coffee roaster's. Not long ago my youngest brother stayed with me and my wife for about 3 months. We made it a nightly routine to go down to the Nic den and play a game while I smoked a pipe and my brother smoked one of his RYOs.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
My Dad, a WWII vet who played about a million cribbage games while in the Army Air Corps, taught me the game as a young man. It is my favorite card game by a long stretch.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I play and also make custom boards. I made this one for my buddy who is a Capt. In the Marine Corps. And his bday is on the U.S.M.C. Bday.
be06038e.jpg

newbroom

Lifer
Jul 11, 2014
Florida
That table is a great concept for the cribbage player. I'd think that a chess/checker board could be incorporated in the same way.

I've had my share of 19 hands, and I had ONE (so far) 29 hand. "His Nibs" is also referred to as 'the right jack'.

What comprises a perfect cribbage hand? You hold three 5's and a jack. The cut turns the case 5 in the suit of your jack. It's mind boggling to count, but it's there.

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I learned cribbage in the Navy and have played countless games. I taught it to my oldest son, and we have continued the tradition over the years. I van think of few pleasures greater than a good game of cribbage, a great pipe and tobacco, and a good single malt. I ensure that my opponent's glass is frequently refilled.

Status
Not open for further replies.