PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyeastcoast

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 28, 2013
Russ you're doing a bang up job.
I know you took a lot of heat during the recent transition, but you folks at P&C have really upped your game.
Thanks for being super kickass.
P.S. I'm a horrible TAD sufferer addict enthusiast and I'm ready to sign up for the Pipe Tobacco Of The Week Club. Of the day?

wfin73

Might Stick Around
Aug 7, 2014
How do you tell what the current months offering is? Would like to know before I sign up for the first month.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
Current months offerings you ask, that would take all the fun out of it. But let me say I joined this month and I was very pleased with the selection and member special. Can't wait for the September box.

tinkertank

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2014
I joined last month, and was pleased by the selection I got. Is there a discussion thread for the monthly box?

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Keeping it a secret, or do we break out the waterboarding detail?
I don't want to ruin the suprise for other people in the club. It's not my fault I live a stones throw from P&C's warehouse.

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
I'm curious what's in the box............come on...........
For September you got:
2oz of Russ's Monthly Blend called Nut Cluster

Tin of Sutliff Taste of Summer

Tin of Orlik Club Mixture

Pipa Vanilla Cavendish Pipe Kit
I get the Double Down so I got twice all of the stuff listed above.
Compared to August it's a big letdown.

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
I'd rather be let down now.....thanks. Now I WANT the box to be a victim of the USPS.
It's not nessacarily all bad, Russ's blend are usually pretty good, the Orlik sounds interesting.
The Pipa Pipe kits were the big let down for me. I've got more then enough tobacco at this point that an unidetified pouch of cavendish and a cheap chinese cob doesn't interest me in the least even if it does come with a sticker of a pin-up. I'm not even sure I want to give it away to someone starting the hobby, in my mind it would do more damage then good.
I seriously thought we were done with the cheap chinese cobs though...

mike73

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 20, 2013
Ya this month was a bit of a let down. The Pipa Pipe Kit is just lame. The Sutliff Taste of Summer and Russ's monthly bend isn't that bad. This was the first month for me that was kind of a let down, but you can't win them all!!

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
... many have held back from joining because they are not aro fans.
Bingo ... how hard would it be to make it an option?
Alternately, if revising the current club isn't feasible, creating a second one would work.
Then again ... I wouldn't want to join ANY club that would have ME as a member! :P

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Yeah that cob was pretty lame. I was hoping for and MM. I was afraid to smoke it. And the blend that came with it went straight to the garbage after one puff. I don't know about this PTOMC. I'm a new pipe smoker and went for the membership to try a better variety of blends. Maybe one more month and if the next month sucks..... Meh. I feel like that whole PIPA thing was the company trying to get rid of the product.

catyrpelius

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 9, 2014
New Jersey
Yeah that cob was pretty lame. I was hoping for and MM. I was afraid to smoke it. And the blend that came with it went straight to the garbage after one puff. I don't know about this PTOMC. I'm a new pipe smoker and went for the membership to try a better variety of blends. Maybe one more month and if the next month sucks..... Meh. I feel like that whole PIPA thing was the company trying to get rid of the product.
Lasts months was really, really good though. It's kind of a hit or miss thing.
Regardless of the month your always going to get Russ's Monthly Blend thats been an aro every month as far as I'm aware and a tin of Sutliff. For me it's the other two options that are interesting.

zitotczito

Lifer
Aug 12, 2014
I joined the POTMC in August and of course I was very pleased and took advantage of it. Being new to the pipe, I still figured September would have trouble meeting the bar that August set. Since I am again new, aro's are fine for now but I can see that changing in the future so other tobacco options would be a plus.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
Looking over at P and C, just saw Pipa now comes in three varieties (Vanilla, Whiskery, and Cherry), and that the included corn cob is now an MM instead of the Chinese cob. So apparently they were using the tobacco club of the month club to clear out the old stock.

tinkertank

Might Stick Around
Sep 5, 2014
I just got done with a bowl of Orlik and a half bowl of Taste of Summer.
The Orlik, not bad. Smooth, mild, light tasting. It's not bad, not amazing, but not bad. Inoffensive. My tin was a little on the dry side, I should note.
Taste of summer, smells good, tastes okay, really had to smoke it slow and low to get good flavor. Not really a peaches fan, but it wasn't bad at all.
Haven't tried the Nut Cluster yet, but it smells okay. Little concerned about the other stuff, not sure about that.
All in all a letdown after last month, but still decent.

minfarshaw

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 12, 2014
Michiganlover,

That sucks! It makes me a little angry that a place that prides themselves on customer service would give loyal customers garbage for their money. Basically, that's what clearing their stock means right!? Well, they've succeeded. The tobacco and the pipe are in the garbage.

michiganlover

Can't Leave
May 10, 2014
I think it's a very negative decision on their part to use the club to move subpar product that is obviously not selling.
If I were still a member I'd be plenty irritated!!
Pipa was such a colossal failure to start with; why pawn that junk on valued repeat customers??
The idea of Pipa was to be a one stop, low cost kit to introduce new pipe smokers, but why turn them off and give away repeat business by using a garbage cob?? Even they admit in the included documentation that the cob is only meant to last the 8 bowls or so of the included tobacco.
The new kit which now has an MM cob instead is a vast improvement!!
But still, why use the club to discard your trash?? If they were determined to include it, at least it should have been a free bonus, instead of one of the 4 tobaccos of the month!!

wyfbane

Lifer
Apr 26, 2013
Tennessee
I live in WA and am prohibited from even joining the club. I am sure things will rebound. Russ always finds a way to fix it. He carried them thru the CI merge. He will get them thru a rough patch in the baccy club.

Status
Not open for further replies.