PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethmutt

Can't Leave
Sep 14, 2018
Ok I think I figured it out.. I just smoked a bowl in my Mr broag,, Smoked so damn hot.. I think I just got a good one when I bought my starter pipe off amazon... the cheapy was throwing me off...
Love my savs, and still have a meerschaum Im kinda afraid to light up. lol... its just too pretty...

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
The problem with "drilling" is that different manufacturers and boutique carvers differ as to what is considered a proper drilling and what is not. Some smokers insist that the only correct drilling enters the bowl at the bottom, some think a bit of elevation to be correct. Off center, to the side, is by and large a mistake. Will a slight "miss" adversely affect the quality of the smoke? Only the owner can determine. A bit left or right? You'll have to smoke it.
For me a beautifully crafted pipe, high grade briar, fitting my fist with a bit of silver, adds to my smoking experience when at home, settled in my chair with a great book. Out and about, working in countryside, it's all about the nicotine.

Status
Not open for further replies.