PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldmansmoking

Part of the Furniture Now
May 13, 2017
UK
Great pipe bag. I use a generic man bag myself with some smaller bags inside. Not as organised as yours, or as nice, but does the job.

We all need a man bag for our pipe trips.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
I too use the Maxpedition Fatty. Bought if off of Amazon after another forum member recommended it. It's perfect! I have three pipes in mine, all of the gear, and room for a tin.

mig19

Might Stick Around
Feb 25, 2016
I too use the Maxpedition Fatty. Bought if off of Amazon after another forum member recommended it. It's perfect! I have three pipes in mine, all of the gear, and room for a tin.

btsteve

Might Stick Around
Nov 4, 2015
Sellersburg, Indiana
I think the Everett Burley pipe roll is a good option if you want to carry just two pipes and accessories.
IMG_2073_zps0tnzaazo.jpg

This is mine with one pipe, and a pipe stand in the other spot that a pipe could go.

ben88

Lifer
Jun 5, 2015
Quebec
You could also switch compartments. The one with tobacco and supplies has 2 rubber rings. Fits 2 pipes Dr. Grabow size perfectly.

nevadablue

Lifer
Jun 5, 2017
Lots of good ideas. Maxpedition makes good stuff. We have several of their products here. My favorite carries my 1911 in the back pocket and the rest of the universe in the big pocket. :D

bassbug

Lifer
Dec 29, 2016
We're not allowed to carry 1911s around here....I keep saying to myself "It just saved me the $$ for a Maxpedition" :crying:

pipedreams86

Might Stick Around
Nov 25, 2016
I'd highly recommend any of the leather pouches on Etsy...there are many on there, I got this one for $70, holds 2 pipes and all the tools/cleaners/lighter, etc and I got it with a matching tobacco pouch made to fit in the larger pouch...both were imprinted with my initials for a bit of personalisation...i also bought the leather drying mat & pipe ring/stand from Sorringowl to go with it, colors match and makes for a full set for out and about pipe smoking...more often than not my smoking is away from home so it made sense to invest in a good 'kit'....
leather-pipe-pouch1-600x424.jpg

lifesizehobbit

Oct 23, 2015
Just curious if anyone pulled the trigger on any of the options in the thread. Pics or it didn't happen. :D

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
I have a Sorringowl pouch from Christmas of '14, and it is a stunningly handsome pipe roll. I can't get a picture to take right that does it justice, but here's one I took a few years ago;
z6aMCrL.jpg

I was so impressed with it that I decided to try my hand at a little leatherwork myself. Here's a smaller companion piece that I made;
tK8v45S.jpg

FZRi5lc.jpg

8wxqxsg.jpg

Trying to make my own really made me realize the level of work that Frank puts into his pipe rolls. Sorringowl is heirloom quality, and I couldn't imagine you regretting it!

wilson34

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 4, 2017
wow I fell in love with that sorringowl leather pouch; Elbert posted. Where did you get it?

elbert

Mar 10, 2015
vP5Hqac.jpg

As good as you think it looks in photos, Wilson, it looks even better in person!
Frank makes all the pouches himself, and his work is timeless. Here's his Etsy shop;
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SorringowlandSons
I believe I have the "Signature" pouch, with the cloth lining. You'll have a few options regarding the stain on the leather, the color of the cloth, and the metal finish used in the fasteners. He also does unlined pipe rolls; they take less time to make, so they're less expensive.
I keep trying to come up with an excuse to buy another one from him! :rofl:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
For the 2nd time in two issues, someone has mentioned a Young & Croyle bag in "The Pipe Collector". They look pretty impressive (Amish made) at decent price points. This single pipe carry is $97.

http://youngandcroyle.bigcartel.com/product/the-victorian
DSC_3937.jpg

DSC_3949.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.