PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lannarkgent

Lurker
Aug 20, 2014
I am 61.5 and I am planning on retiring in March of 2016. I should have roughly 45 pounds in the cellar by then.There are a couple of things I am sitting on I have 5 pounds plus of Lane's Crown Achievement in the cellar ,4 pounds of Stockkebye's LBF in the cellar 2 pounds of Mac Baren Modern Virginia,with 2 lbs of Nightcap and roughly 20 other blends in storage. Ihave just added 2 pounds of Newminstser English Oriental as well. The blend that I will definitely buy more of before I retire is Prince Albert. This is a pleasant all day smoke and one that non smokers like.
My day to day go to blend is LBF. Cellar tests seem to indicate it keeps well and matures in the jar. My goal of having 60 lbs in storage (all blends) before retirement seems hard to reach, but, I plan to buy it as a buffer against coming events.

nachman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 27, 2013
I retired about nine years ago with a pretty good cellar of assorted tobaccos. I bought quite a bit of OTCs, some bulk and some premium tins. I still am buying the premium tins, because that is what I like. Buy your favorites as much as you can because you will smoke that and save the rest for emergencies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Retirement or not, I'd have a few tins of "the good stuff" around. Pipe tobacco is relatively inexpensive. But for great tub tobacco, at a great price, I'd highly recommend pipesandcigars Hearth and Home Midtown blends, which includes three or four aromatics that match Carter Hall and Prince Albert, and a non-aromatic I really like that is a match for the no-longer-available Walnut, called Chesnut, which has five or six quality tobaccos masterfully blended in a flavorful mild smoke. Currently, I think these go for about $25 a tub, so stock up. You can try these in the pouch size for very little, to find the one you like best.

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
A 4 gram bowl of Escudo at the high price of 10.42 per tin, costs .80 cents. If you buy a bulk that costs .40 cents, is the .40 cent difference in price alter your life style? If you smoke 5 bowls a day, that is only a 2 dollar a day difference to smoke the highest quality blends.

Status
Not open for further replies.