PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
I put together this spreadsheet to help me keep track of what I have. Since I have some time invested in putting the sheet together i thought I would share it with anyone who wants to use it. This workbook helps track your inventory, age, and how much you have on hand in oz and LBS. The link to download is below. I have the sheet locked to protect the formulas but there is no password in case you would like to un protect it. The only function that does not work while its protected is sorting. You can still use the filter but not sort. The fields in grey are the ones you can fill in. When entering the date i use a MM/YYYY format. There is also a second page that has some tools to help date tins. If you have any other tools that you think would be helpful let me know and i can add them. If you have troubles downloading it send me a message and i can email it to you. Im not good at making these things "Pretty" so if your good at it and want to dress it up please do. If you do please share with everyone. I left the sheet filled out with my tiny cellar so that you would get the idea but please just delete all the fields in grey before starting. Let me know what you think.

https://machmachinescom-my.sharepoi...lEh6y1S_gT0e0BeLpMavUZFDZFMu-i4d8b9A?e=Pes6k4

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
Good idea! I have often thought about doing that with a sticker on my open jars that I actively pull from.
I use Avery dots. About a quarter inch diameter in various colors except black. No idea why I can't find black. Red
blue yellow green is all. I draw a black dot for those. I get six types using this system and using no dot for aromatics.

proteus

Lifer
May 20, 2023
Connecticut (shade leaf tobacco country)
This test code provides a simple description. I can have up to 4000 characters. The codes on jars would describe brief tasting notes, tobacco types and other details. I would have a sheet of these descriptions printed and a code on the sheet with the location of the tobacco. Just testing it all out now. 100s of tobaccos now and I'm finding the notebook getting difficult. download.gif

Reactions: JOHN72

Jbrewer2002

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 17, 2023
Somerset Ohio
This test code provides a simple description. I can have up to 4000 characters. The codes on jars would describe brief tasting notes, tobacco types and other details. I would have a sheet of these descriptions printed and a code on the sheet with the location of the tobacco. Just testing it all out now. 100s of tobaccos now and I'm finding the notebook getting difficult. View attachment 245536
I just want a quick ref on the jar without having to use my phone.