PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

petes03

Lifer
Jun 23, 2013
The Hills of Tennessee
Like others mentioned, antique stores are great for finding pipe racks! I've bought several at antique stores, and I've never paid more than $10 or so.

You might think about making one yourself as well. I made one that holds 42 pipes, it don't look like much, but it works great. I built it for less than $50, and found everything I needed to build it at Home Depot.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I found that "Fairfax" or similar brand estate racks are pretty cheap on Ebay or Etsy (6-pipe racks around $20). I have slightly larger, full bent pipes and they typically do not fit into those old racks (designed for primarily small, straight biliards). I cut the o-stem holes into u-shapes and that allows a larger variety of pipe to fit.

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Excellent suggestions... I used to do a bit of woodworking and still have all tools. Might try altering older racks if I can find and building my own.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Etsy usually has a number of options:

http://www.etsy.com/market/pipe_rack

(there is one nice Fairfax rack there, like I posted earlier, $18 plus $12 shipping)

apatim

Can't Leave
Feb 17, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Not only am I new to pipe smoking, I'm also new to ebay... looks like patience and timing are key when it comes to finding and bidding there. Last night I checked ebay and found a couple of stands that will work for me. Picked up a simple 7 pipe stand for $9 and a cute 3 pipe stand $4:

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
You learn fast, those are great and priced low. I usually rub on a little Old English to bring up the shine and cover any bruises, then they are ready to roll.

johnnylong

Lurker
Mar 25, 2014
apatim, Im jealous, I love that tiki-hut lid on yours!
This is the lid on mine....
$_57.JPG

macabra11

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 14, 2014
Boise, ID
There are some great looking pipe stands in this thread. A lot of good insight too. Now that my father-in-law is retired, I may have a new woodworking project for him! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.