PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

olkofri

Lifer
Sep 9, 2017
The Arm of Orion
You'd be rewarded in some states.

I'm kinda the opposite. I somewhat flaunt it in the car. But I don't light or relight if there's another vehicle nearby.
Yeah, I'm a show-off too. I relight it all the time at the red lights. I even did it behind a cop once, but that was before the legalisation of pot gave them the power to stop even grandmas if they're feeling bored.

No rewards here, and no cops going after the one who called it wrongly: it's the era of anonymous reports. :rolleyes:

gatorlope

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 5, 2019
South Florida
I haven't had that with pipe smoking but when I was a teenager I hitchhiked all around the American west. Often people gave me a lift and wanted to tell me things they felt they couldn't tell anyone else. I was a stranger they would never see again, just a random hitchhiker. These experiences provided marvelous insight into the human condition. I'm compassionate by default now; so many people suffer in ways they think they can't share with anyone. Everyone has a story.
When visiting other cities and out walking about with my pipe, I found that people would sit down and just start telling me things about themself. I would just set, smoke, nod... it's interesting how people sometimes just look for a listener. I had an idea for a detective novel, where the crimes would just solve themselves, with a pipesmoker just listening, while people voluntarily spilled their guts, as clues just fall at the detective's feet.
:sher::sher::sher:

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Yeah, I'm a show-off too. I relight it all the time at the red lights. I even did it behind a cop once, but that was before the legalisation of pot gave them the power to stop even grandmas if they're feeling bored.

No rewards here, and no cops going after the one who called it wrongly: it's the era of anonymous reports. :rolleyes:
what's funny about all this is the most suspect thing a person can do is act suspicious. I.e. in most places you can smoke whatever crack you want if you just act like it's normal.

Reactions: jpmcwjr and BROBS

supperthyme

Can't Leave
Nov 2, 2019
Doesn't the pipe smoke stink up your car? Curious.....

Yes. I've only smoked in my truck once and the smell lingered for well over a week.

Although pipe smokers might enjoy the smell of a well-seasoned vehicle, it's important to recognize that not everyone is so enthusiastic about it.
As somebody who often plays designated driver and frequently has non-smoking passengers- I prefer to keep my pickup smoke free. Parks, bar patios, festivals and trails are fair game though.

tg51

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 24, 2017
Fort Polk, LA
I found that people would sit down and just start telling me things about themself.
I read this yesterday and chuckled to myself thinking that It would never happen to me. I have been told that my resting expression does not portray “approachable.” However, today as I sat and smoked on the back porch to one of our campus’ buildings overlooking the Hudson this exact thing happened. I was peacefully puffing away on some delicious Viprati(thanks pat) and someone I had never spoken to before walked up and frankly asked “Do you ever feel like you’ll never graduate from this place?” Despite my initial annoyance at my pipe zen being disrupted I then proceeded to talk this person off the metaphorical edge. Being no stranger to administrative punishment it was right up my alley. It’s an odd feeling being 20 and giving life advice to a 19 year old. I guess the deep reflection comes with the briar. puffy Long winded but I thought it would give some of y’all a chuckle as it did me.

Status
Not open for further replies.