PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
Well, I attempted an experiment on AskReddit on the question "what is one single thing you did that impacted your life the most?" Reddit is very geeky, liberal, and weed friendly. I posted about smoking a pipe and guess what? Down votes! I'm just telling the people on the pipe Reddit to come over here. We're moar betterer.
I've seen that, as well. I went to /pipes to see if there were any pipe discussions, but of course there were only weed pipes. One guy tried to start a toby pipe thread but it never really went anywhere.

undecagon

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2011
Chicago, IL
BTW, just wanted to inform those curious. Testing is going great. Not really sure how much I'm allowed to say, because BioWare has pop up reminders all the time during testing about not sharing, but suffice to say I am playing a Twilek Jedi Knight and have followed the class story, and many world quests to the point where I am lvl 13 now. It has all been great. Solo and Group is fun, but I've experienced mostly solo work. I have also played Huttball and the Alderaan Warzone and enjoyed both. Everything seems very well done and needs only polishing detail. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone interesting in Star Wars or MMORPGS, and for sure anyone whose into both!

chestercopperpot

Might Stick Around
Aug 29, 2011
Incidentally, I found a reddit pipe forum: http://www.reddit.com/r/PipeTobacco. It's pretty amateurish, though, considering the age of most people on reddit.

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
Maybe you'd find more pipe smokers on Lord of the Rings Online, and if you're a farmer you can grow your own pipe-weed. :)

seakayak

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 21, 2010
The real world invades even the corridors of computer gaming. As your years as a pipe smoker continue, you will experience more biased research, more ungrounded comments and more downright stupidity than you ever thought possible. A professor of nursing from the local community college recently offered me a private teaching on "third hand smoke". That's right, the "latest research" is now pushing the theory that, if a non-smoker touches someone who smokes, that non-smoker will become lethal to young children and the elderly due to "residual carcinogens" that now stick to their clothing and hands.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
r/pipetobacco is where I normally go and it is almost embarrassing of the level of newb over there. Some jerk was telling people to clean meers with salt & alcohol. The ones that have promise I normally send this way since I'm one of those "elusive girls."

dburrows

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 2, 2011
that non-smoker will become lethal to young children and the elderly due to "residual carcinogens" that now stick to their clothing and hands.
Nice. These people usually talk about that kind of stuff in the midst of stuffing their faces with genetically engineered processed dead food while taking pharmaceuticals for whatever ails them.
Outdoor grilling releases carcinogens. I wonder what happens with that 3rd-hand smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.