PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanhayn

Lurker
Feb 9, 2012
I'm new to pipe smoking (less than one month) and I have eczema that is affected mainly by my dust mite allergy. I noticed that my eczema has been getting worse since I started smoking. Anyone else notice their allergies/eczema getting worse from pipe smoking? I really like my new hobby and I don't want to stop right now, so I'm hoping this has to do with other environmental factors.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Ask your dermatologist, but with my children both the asthma in one and the atopic dermatitis (eczema) are worsened if they are around me smoking. The main reason why I smoke outside.
EDIT: For many years that was mainly cigarettes though. Just for clarification.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Yes mate, I think perhaps a trip to your Doctor is in order. Have a discussion with him/her and see what the opinion is. If it is an alergy only, perhaps your Doc may suggest something along the line of Benydryl to help combat it.

jaysin

Lifer
Feb 8, 2012
Indiana
All though i have never heard this i guess its not impossable I am with the rest a trip to your dr is in order here even though he will advise you to quit smoking

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
I've found that my eczema actually gets better when I smoke a pipe. However, mine is tied to an auto-immune disease, so smoking gives my body that good kick in the nuts that doctors use steroids for. Also, it's winter so all of us with skin conditions are suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.