PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickpal14

Lifer
Jun 9, 2011
Just joined. I live in the wonderful ROC. There are others who live here and still post; ae1pt, romeowood, rickpal14 (although I haven't seen him in a while) are a few that spring to mind.
indianafrank, I went to school at Cazenovia so I'm very familiar with your location. bulldogbriar89, you should see about PMing romeowood about making the trip to NYC on a night when they have a NYPC meeting.
Anyway, I look forward to seeing other members respond.
Albany here!!! Just joined and a great idea! I am still around just as much Jason just not posting. We had a great with Russ when we got together at Habana Premium before he left for PA. Would love to have a NY get together.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I was at the NYC Pipe Club meeting this past Tuesday. The Circa Tabac has been remodeled and nicer than ever. The club had about 30 pipe smokers in attendance that evening. As usual, I had a grand time. If you are in NYC, check them out. The club President (Lou C), "Allan", etc. are members here and in the club.

bulldogbriar89

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 3, 2014
Its great to see how many like smokers are here in New York. I am kind of surprised how many pipe smokers their are upstate new york

mirain

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2011
Thanks for starting this group. I'm in Orange County and would like to get together with pipers for conversation and camaraderie.

fitzy

Lifer
Nov 13, 2012
NY
Work in NYC and live in south eastern Dutchess county.
I keep saying I'll show up at one of the NYPC meetings but never have.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Thanks for the invite, I'll avail myself of it.
I've been to Nat Sherman's before and to me, it didn't seem like a place I could relax while having smoke. They were nice people, just a bit snooty. No thanks.
The vibe at Nat's can come off a bit snooty, for sure--not just that their target clientele are stuffy Wall Street types, but with their location on 42nd they have to deflect a lot of annoying tourist gobs in that tiny floorspace in order to keep enough sales going on to pay the rent--the price of business in NYC. But I can assure you the guys are really down to earth and accommodating once they can put a name with the face, and I'd be happy to introduce you to Cliff, Matt, Ali, Mike et al anytime.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
I am not to far from port Jeff
your welcome, I would be willing to go their and try it out but I am usually so busy with work, I never have time to do anything fun anymore. yeah the cost of living or doing business in New York is crazy and in the city it is even worse, but thats cool that they know their loyal regulars, they get respect from me for that

allan

Lifer
Dec 5, 2012
Bronx, NY
For those of you who are anywhere near Manhattan, The New York City Pipe Club is open to all pipe smokers. We meet on the second Tuesday of the month at Cafe Tabac in Soho.
I live in nothern Westchester and it is a joy for me to come and meet with all of the members who frequently bring in rare blends discontinued 30 or more years ago to share.
Our own Romeowood is member and Al (our moderator) comes once in a while when he is near to town.
This is the friendliest bunch of guys/girls you would ever want to meet and we always welcome visitors. The array of pipes the members have is staggering.
And, if you know NYC, smoking establishments are very few and far between. This place only asks that you buy a drink, have some food and treat the waiters well.
I would encourage any of you guys to come down and join us. (BTW, no snobbishness here!)

jrtaster

Might Stick Around
Sep 28, 2009
Though now living on Cape Cod, the few times I commuted from NW New Jersey to the NYPC dinner meets, it was well worth it.

At the time, they were meeting at Florio's in Little Italy and between the food and fellowship, the 4+ hr commute was well worth it.

The "smoking room" at Florio's was dominated by cigar smokers but the pipe smokers weren't 2nd-class citizens.

I hope the Café Tabac is as good if not better than Florio's and I'm sure the Club's members are as friendly and welcoming as before.

bulldogbriar89

Oct 3, 2014
Just wanted to give this a bump up just incase their are any new members here that are from NY, and would like to join our group.

Status
Not open for further replies.