Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
I was left with a melted stem, thanks farmer! Geez. Thats the last time I follow your advice.

deathmetal

Lifer
Jul 21, 2015
Stem? You just pile the tobacco in your fireplace and set a fan on it. Burns down to the bottom every time.

blackbeard

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2015
I hate to be that guy...but I can't pass it up. For a one light smoke every time.

KC018-2.jpg

Congrats nonetheless it does make a difference, but with some tobaccos, forcing a relight can change it up quite a bit and give a whole different taste.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks Tyler, that reminds me Of Cheech trying to smoke that small particle of pot in Up in Smoke.

perdurabo

Lifer
Jun 3, 2015
Cosmic, I broke up two flakes of McNaren Old Dark Fired. Smoked some in large basket briar, relit 4 to 5 times. Then switched to a RobRoy cob, one relight. Do You have a harder time getting through larger bowls with initial light? The smaller cob seems to preform better than the briar.

I don't smoke cobs often enough to have learned how they want to be smoked best. But, instead of certain pipe types, I think it is how well I have learned to smoke certain pipes. I have some wide and some narrow that I know well enough to smoke unabated through a bowl. Some, I am still learning. But, flakes do get finicky on me, occasionally.

aldecaker

Lifer
Feb 13, 2015
I generally get better draft characteristics with a cob. All other things being equal, I seem to get fewer relights. Unfortunately, some tobaccos don't taste good to me when smoked in a cob.

smokinfireman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 17, 2015
Good Work! My advice to anyone starting the pipe smoking hobby is perseverance. You didn't learn to walk overnight, nor will you learn to smoke overnight. Glad you are improving! check out Boston Briar's aka "Birdman 6591's" video on perseverance with your pipe. He is a very motivational person, kinda like an online grandpa that can rock a hoodie.

Status
Not open for further replies.