Pipe Shop Reccomendations in Glasgow, Edinburgh and London.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
Hey Forum Members,

I'm visiting Glasgow, Edinburgh and London UK in a week and was wondering if anyone had any reccomendations on great pipe shops. I've been googling around but wanted to see if anyone had good reccomendations.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

chilllucky

Lifer
Jul 15, 2018
Chicago, IL, USA
scoosa.com
JJ Fox is a historic location and a lovely lounge - really one of only a handful of indoor places one can smoke in London. I go whenever I'm in the city, but they don't have a huge selection of pipes, and their bulk tobacco is expensive and often out of stock.

Go for to enjoy being in that special, old space, but don't count on stocking up there.

revnatorade

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2024
North Florida
G
JJ Fox is a historic location and a lovely lounge - really one of only a handful of indoor places one can smoke in London. I go whenever I'm in the city, but they don't have a huge selection of pipes, and their bulk tobacco is expensive and often out of stock.

Go for to enjoy being in that special, old space, but don't count on stocking up there.
Good to know.

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
Can't add anything to what's already been said, J J Fox is great, but don't count on finding anything. They also occasionally stock vintage tins (at high prices).

Also worth bearing in mind that the pub the Pipe Club of London now meet at is quite far north of London, in St Albans.

You might want to look at some of the online shops if you're able to order to where you're staying.

paulfg

Lifer
Feb 21, 2016
Corfu Greece
Can't add anything to what's already been said, J J Fox is great, but don't count on finding anything. They also occasionally stock vintage tins (at high prices).

Also worth bearing in mind that the pub the Pipe Club of London now meet at is quite far north of London, in St Albans.

You might want to look at some of the online shops if you're able to order to where you're staying.
this is the best bet for getting supplies.Order on line sent to your hotel.Much cheaper than buying in the London shops.

The shop in Lieth Edinburgh is called The Pipe Shop https://thepipeshop.co.uk/

Western Isles

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Tennessee
Pipe Shop of Leith was great last time I visited two years ago. I hope the tram construction on Leithwalk is finally done. Last visit, the owners son said their clientele was shifting more towards vaping and while I hope that hasn't affected their pipe stock, they seem to have much less available on their website.

Both Edinburgh and Glasgow have very well stocked Robert Graham shops. Happy hunting!

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
JJ Fox's bulk blends are mainly from Gawith and Germaine's. They're having the same trouble keeping them in stock that the rest of us are, despite surely being a very old of not original account.
I was there a few weeks before Christmas. The shop has gone downhill in the last few years. Staff was rude, but harried as Christmas shoppers inundated the place.

Reactions: revnatorade

jaingorenard

Can't Leave
Apr 11, 2022
Norwich, UK
I was there a few weeks before Christmas. The shop has gone downhill in the last few years. Staff was rude, but harried as Christmas shoppers inundated the place.
Definitely depends on the specific member of staff, but this doesn't match my experience with most of them. Some of them are lovely and one or two of them really know their pipes and tobacco (most know more about cigars).

Reactions: revnatorade