PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
I have an extremely small, straight grained Eltang with a foot and a gold band. I have it sitting on my desk and will probably never smoke it. It's very small + I prefer it more as a display piece. It's the only pipe (out of the 100 or so I have owned) that I have never smoked.

You have any pipes that you just like to look at instead of smoking?

273711408_10161105590907573_1964488700717579644_n.jpg

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
My sister managed to get a 16 inch stem clay pipe back to the U.S. from Holland, and mailed it to me in N.C. from Chicago without breaking it, so I'm always afraid of breaking it, but I do smoke it on special occasions, though it gets dusty in the meantime. That said, now I will surely have to smoke it next.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I currently have several pipes that I have not smoked yet. About 9 if I recall. Several have never been smoked by anyone yet. (I buy lots on secondary market)

I will most likely smoke each one at some point in time. The current delay is simply because I feel I'm still working on perfecting a few points. I want to feel like I'm "ready" for that special pipe when I pull it out.

And, I'm still exploring the various issues that go into a pipe working with a type of tobacco blend, at least for my style of puffing. Size, shape, depth of chamber; bent or straight, etc. - all need to be determined before I randomly stuff some tobacco in there and fire it up.

I want it to be perfect - damnit !

So I have several - but their time will come! And I've got a lightly smoked Randy Wiley coming perhaps tomorrow that I think I will smoke right away, as I want to try an "American" style (new-to-me) blend in an American artisan pipe.

WooHoo.