PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
Hello everyone! I just began smoking a pipe and I can proudly say that I love it. I picked up a pipe instead of a cigarette because I play sax. Pipe smoking offers the benifits of delicious tobacco and no lung consequence. But my parents don't think that's good enough. I would like to know why not only pipe smoking could be good for you but why do you smoke a pipe for.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I don't know if I would say smoking a pipe is good for you but in replace of cigarettes it isn't as bad for you because you are not suppose to inhale a pipe. I read somewhere that if you smoke less than one bowl a day then it might have a benefit of decreasing stress levels.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I can agree that during my pipe smoking, (just finished a cob full of Escudo) that its probably the most relaxed part of my day. I rarely smoke more than 4-5 bowls a week.

Jason

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
I smoke it because I enjoy the taste and it is one of the most relaxing activities I have yet found. This forum is another reason I continue to enjoy this hobby.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I smoke for the taste and relaxation. As stated before, pipe and cigar smoke is not meant to be inhaled. I'm sure it's not very beneficial for the body, but I'd say it's nowhere near as harmful as cigarettes as there aren't some 3,000 man made chemicals added to the tobacco ontop of not being inhaled.

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Great people, amazing relaxation, great tobaccos to discover, pretty much in that order is why I smoke a pipe. I have met some incredible people on this forum as well as through my local pipe club. Oh yea and my Dad smoked a pipe I could do worse being just like him. Oh and for the record I have never smoked a cigerette. Never felt the need.

nehemias88

Lurker
Sep 28, 2012
I've never smoked a cigarette and I find them quite disgusting, but i haven't smoked them, so I'm not sure

:?

karlj

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Steger, IL
You don't necessarily avoid lung problems because you smoke a pipe and do not inhale. You can inadvertently inhale small amounts of smoke

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yes, karlj but I meant in comparison to smoking cigarettes. Oh and welcome to the forum nehemias88, pipebob, and karlj. If you have any technical questions feel free to shoot me a PM and I will help you out the best I can. If you haven't uploaded an avatar it really builds trust and camaraderie around the forum.

Aug 14, 2012
Don't kid yourself, smoking anything is not good for you. Some of us just don't give a darn though. Why? I enjoy the taste and the mild narcotic effect. I also like what a pipe stands for: non conformity.

slowwideturns

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 16, 2012
Something's gotta kill ya right? And welcome, you'll find that the people here are great and very knowledgeable and helpful

karlj

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
Steger, IL
As soon as I posted my response I clicked edit. I took a long time on my edited response and when I went to post it I was told that the post was too old and I lost all text that I spent for flippin ever composing! Seriously?

Anyway, my above response falls short of the message I was trying to convey and I no longer have the desire to amend it in detail.

So.......Don't believe everything your told and always search for all the facts yourself.

Persue joy, purpose and meaning in a way fit for you. Hope that others around you can do the same.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out of it alive. :)

-Karl

fshu2

Can't Leave
Jan 22, 2011
pipe smoking is good for you because you are not doing crack... my friend had an article about how pipe and cigar smokers do have some health benefits but i do not recall it nor am i sure how true it is.

macattack

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 20, 2012
I drink more water when I smoke.....there's a healthy benefit. So....SHAZAM!!!! Take that anti-tobacco people!

Status
Not open for further replies.