PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustBawoodguy

Lurker
Feb 2, 2024
Hello everyone, thanks for being here.
I have been making pipes for 3 or 4 years now and I am always looking to learn and get better.
What native woods are "pipe bowl safe" to smoke from?
I normally use Cherry, and I know better than to use any evergreen. But what about Black walnut, Osage Orange (Bodark), Oak, Maple, etc.
I have heard that if you can smoke meats with it, you can smoke tobacco from it. So that would mean that most fruit trees and nut trees, would be safe, but I want to know for sure.
Anyone have the facts?

MRW

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Hello everyone, thanks for being here.
I have been making pipes for 3 or 4 years now and I am always looking to learn and get better.
What native woods are "pipe bowl safe" to smoke from?
I normally use Cherry, and I know better than to use any evergreen. But what about Black walnut, Osage Orange (Bodark), Oak, Maple, etc.
I have heard that if you can smoke meats with it, you can smoke tobacco from it. So that would mean that most fruit trees and nut trees, would be safe, but I want to know for sure.
Anyone have the facts?
Hello and welcome to the Forum from Deep in the Heart of Texas. You will find this site to be informative and the members insightful (and at times, most entertaining). Enjoy your stay!

Status
Not open for further replies.