PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabomano

Might Stick Around
Jun 4, 2011
Which cut of tobacco lasts the longest for you? I fire up some ribbon and as soon as my lighter is put away I'm at the bottom of the bowl....

peregrinus

Lifer
Aug 4, 2019
Pacific Northwest
Moisture content, style of tobacco, size of pipe, a good multi-layered pack and your smoking cadence all contribute. That said, flake styles generally burn slower for me than ribbon styles. Play around with these to find what works best for you.

Cheers, Ray

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
I've noticed I can finish off a bowl of C&D Big N' Burley in a MM Diplomat 5th Ave. in like 15-25 minutes. Something about the thin ribbons, dryness and burley content make that stuff burn fast as hell no matter how tight I pack it. That's not exactly a bug, though. It is easy to light, stays cool, requires very little attention and tastes very pleasant. Very nice for the car.
I rub out all my flakes, plugs, ropes and coins. I find that Gawith (both houses) flakes burn extremely slowly for me. A medium sized billiard bowl of Dark FLake U/S can last me up to 90 minutes, and I'm not much of a sipper. Usually at least 70 minutes. C&D-made flakes also last a long time for me. So I guess my answer is thick, meaty flakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.