PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
We were getting ready for spring, when ... surprize, winter is back. It's been snowing without pause since last night, roughly 20 cm of snow, and this is not even the worse part of the country. Outside the Carpathian curve they have schools closed, highways closed, train delays, planes not taking off, and all the good stuff. -8 C right now ... and it took me over an hour to get to work, 10 km in one hour ... oh well can't wait to go home and go to sleep.

rajangan

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 14, 2018
Edmonton, AB
I live in Edmonton. It's -5 now, but plus ten in my brand new greenhouse, which I'm happy about. I planted my onions in pots yesterday. 300 of them- three different onions, leeks, and shallots. Hopefully it doesn't get too cold this month.

timelord

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 30, 2017
Gallifrey
I live in Manly, NSW, Australia (really a suburb of Sydney but since we're a 30 minute ferry ride away from the CBD (or downtown Sydney) we like to pretend that we're a long way away). Anyway, 35c in Sydney today, around 25c on Manly Beach watching the international surfing comp thanks to a cool offshore breeze. Only problem - no smoking on the beach or surrounding reserve (green/park areas). Still, not a bad way to spend what is officially 'the last day of summer' (when I was at school we measure the seasons from the equinoxes but now it seems to be from the 1st of the month so everyone will be surprised at 'unseasonable warm weather in spring' for the first couple of weeks).

Briar Baron

Can't Leave
Sep 30, 2016
Sydney
I live in Sydney about 15 miles north of Timelord. Some days this summer (December to February) were some of the hottest on record. Interesting for us to be frying and you guys freezing and then vicaversa. As I get older I think I would prefer the cold rather than the 115 deg F we had this year :(

mikethompson

Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pretty much sums up the winter here in Southern Ontario.
p_20180106_064432-600x337.jpg

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"I lived in Suffolk years ago."
Seacaptain, I too lived in Suffolk for some years (Lavenham, Long Melford, Sudbury, Great Cornard) and found the climate far better than my native Yorkshire/Derbyshire.
However in '88 I moved to West Cornwall (South coast) and the climate here is again totally different. So much so that I had forgotten what snow looked like until I drew my curtains back this morning! We are at the moment suffering a blast of freezing weather from the East which it not the norm for this time of year.
Mike, that is some seriously cold weather 8O
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.