PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanlaurel

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 31, 2015
I really am a Van Gogh fanatic and I am considering buying one of the Ser Jacopo Van Gogh series. Does anyone have one of these? Which one(s)? How do they smoke?
I noticed that they have two different pipes that are from two different paintings but I have always thought that the two paintings represent the same pipe.

ser_jacopo_picta_collection_01.jpg

ser_jacopo_picta_collection_10.jpg

These paintings are both from January 1889. One looks like a billiard but the other makes it look a bit apple/brandy-like.
Also why do they use mirror images of these paintings on the Ser Jacopo site?
Just curious.

agnosticpipe

Lifer
Nov 3, 2013
In the sticks in Mississippi
Man I love this series of pipes! Of course I love Van Gogh's paintings as well, and find his life story both interesting and sad. I'm glad that he was so interested in the pipe and tobacco, that he put them in his paintings so often.
The Ser Jacopo pipe will have to wait, they're way out of my price range. Still, it's fun to window shop. :roll:

stanlaurel

Jan 31, 2015
The Ser Jacopo pipe will have to wait, they're way out of my price range.
I'm not sure if this helps, but for what it's worth, Ser Jacopo's are half as expensive on European sites as compared to SPC etc.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Here's a #5 in the series, sandblasted. Smokes well if I sip on it continuously; but I can't draw deeply because

the draft length is so short the smoke stream would get unpleasantly hot. Great feel and balance, though.

cb4c34bd-be64-4f90-816f-0223b69d17af_zpsf796bf11.jpg

easterntraveler

Dec 29, 2012
Here is my Pica Van Gogh from 2009. It is also a member of the Gem series as well. I got it from smokingpipes.Com. For whatever reason photo bucket is not working for me. I attached a link to it from smoking pipes which is probably better as it has a little video as well.
https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipes/estate/italy/moreinfo.cfm?product_id=157638

moriarty

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 3, 2012
I own this one - shape 02 from the Van Gogh series. One of my favourite pipes, although I realise the hawkbill/cutty shape isn't everyone's favourite. I absolutely love it, though. Large bowl capacity and, like all my Ser Jacopos, a great smoker with a very comfortable mouthpiece.
3bb3c1dd6b8b0d6cf1ac4c0514caa4fe_zps43dd489d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.