PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 25, 2013
Hello everyone, my name is Travis for those of you who don't want to call me thesmokingbrony. I picked up a pipe at my local tobacco shop yesterday, just about 12 hours ago. I bought a $40 Rustic freehand, possibly has been sandblasted as well. But I have been doing a lot of reading on the pipe hobby and watching A LOT of youtube videos. gotta say I love all of you guys. possibly one of the best hobby crowds I have ever encountered. But I thought I would just jump right into a forum to start the great internet friendships that await me. So this is just my hello post =) to tell you a little about myself I am 19 years old, ALWAYS thought that pipe smoking was awesome just never got around to getting one for myself until now. I have been a cigarette smoker for a long time too, picked it up at a young age sadly, but a pipe is how i am working at getting off of them. But moving on I just want to say that I CANNOT wait to start befriending a lot of you.
BTW, I am very into the poker pipes right now. so if any of you have any really cool poker pipes that you guys have gone past on the web would you post the link? I love rustic pipes, I seek out the unique pipes. Hope to get to know a lot of you =)

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Welcome!
Check out some of the sponsors on the left (smoking pipes has a pipe locator, you can search by shapes). Almost every pipe company makes a poker or cherrywood of some sort. For unique to might want to check out or call Boswell's. They've got some hefty pokers. There's also some unsmoked nosewarmers that pop up on ebay every now and them that I've seen people mention good things about.
I keep looking sideways at the Luciano pokers. I like some of their smooth and simple looks. You can find them on many of the sponsors on the left.
Look forward to seeing you around!

seamusjft

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 16, 2012
Hi travois. Welcome to the world of pipe smoking. I'm relatively new to pipes also but I've fallen in love with it. Beware it will be costly if you allow it lol

It is a very good crowd, especially here. This is the only forum I've ever stuck out for more than 12 hours. No trolls, just very helpful like minded people. Be good to hear your first experiences.

Sean

piperl12

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 7, 2012
Welcome to the club we are small but mighty LOL not really but enjoy your new hobby. There is lot's of advice to be had here.

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Welcome Travis and nice to meet you. Have fun with PM it is an awesome resource. Good luck quitting the nails. Pipes are a much more noble way to enjoy tobacco.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
You barge in here with your pipe smoking pony wearing a tophat and a monicle and you expect us to just welcome you with open arms?
Yeah... that's pretty much how it works.
Welcome to the forums and to the ever expanding world of pipes and tobacco.
You don't know what you've gotten yourself into. Muahahaha! :puffy:

eibhir

Can't Leave
Jan 16, 2013
United States
Welcome Travis! This is the friendliest place out there. I'm a new piper quitting cigs too. You should read the articles as well as the forums; they are great. There are a lot of really nice people here. Enjoy this place!

bradbannon

Lurker
Jan 25, 2013
I just signed up to this site today. I got my pipe a few months ago, still very much at the learning stage. Do some people not inhale the smoke like some would with cigars or does this hinder on the smoking experience?

The pipe i bought is a straight pipe for 25 euros in James Foxes in Dublin. They have some short video tips for beginners which are helpful, here's the link:
http://www.jamesfox.ie/index.php?main_page=page&id=32
I love the second video, man showing complete disregard for the indoor smoking ban!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Welcome to the site Travis. There is tons of great info to be had here and some of the best people around. Pipe smoking is definitely better than cigs and it is a lot less expensive once you get a rotation of pipes going.
Welcome Brad, hope you have a blast here.

flmason

Lifer
Oct 8, 2012
Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of members here to answer any questions you might have or offer suggestions related to different pipes and tobaccos.

Jan 25, 2013
thank you so much to all of you for the great welcome to the forum and the community. this is indeed the best forum ive ever joined. hope to get all of you =)

Status
Not open for further replies.