PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just curious how many fans there are of these blends. I got started with samples of the '09 and '10 Christmas blends. Then I was given the 2011 Christmas Blend for, ofcourse, Christmas and in a recent TAD I purchased the Special Reserve 2011, which I love, and the Summertime 2011, which I'm saving for when it warms up to the 80s here in a few months (I live in Vegas). Have to say I've enjoyed every limited edtion blend I've had from Peterson. They've all smoked wonderfully and the tin note carries over into the smoke well. Can't wait for 2012's blends to hit the market.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
I have the 2011 holiday blend. I love it and it's about the only one the wife likes the smell of. But I feel It leaves somewhat of a ghost. Smoked a pipe loaded with MacBaren golden extra, in which I had smoked the holiday blend a couple of days prior. I could taste the fruitcake all the way through. It's very, very nice, but I am going to dedicate one pipe to it.

tobakenist

Lifer
Jun 16, 2011
Middle England
I love most Peterson Special Blends, personally I prefer the 2010 Special reserve to the 2011, the 2011 Holiday Season, great smoke and one that everybody loves the aroma most importantly my wife.
The best thing about their Specials are that they are one offs, you only get one year to enjoy them and it's great fun trying them, wish I had purchased more of the 2010 special Reserve, I loved that one, can't wait for the 2013. :puffpipe:

gwtwdbss

Lifer
Jun 13, 2012
I picked up a tin of Peterson's Summertime 2012 in my August TAD. Has anyone tried this yet? Do the limited ed. blends benefit from aging? I have so many nice samples from kind folks and it's not really a good time to crack open a 100g tin. I guess I could Jar if I can't restrain myself from opening it right away.

dochudson

Lifer
May 11, 2012
I picked up a tin of Peterson's Summertime 2012 in my August TAD. Has anyone tried this yet? Do the limited ed. blends benefit from aging? I have so many nice samples from kind folks and it's not really a good time to crack open a 100g tin. I guess I could Jar if I can't restrain myself from opening it right away.
"A mystic bond of brotherhood makes all men one" ~Thomas Carlyle
open it.. I picked up a tin last week. I'm going back to town this week and pickup whatever he has left.

will

Might Stick Around
Jul 8, 2012
I just cracked open my tin of Peterson's Special 2012 Reserve and I am liking it.

Usually I smoking English blends and this is a nice change of pace.

Slightly moist coming out but lit up well with no drying time.

This has me wanting to try out the 2012 Summer Blend.

Good stuff.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Well, since I recently moved to Phoenix for work I now have some funds for a PAD/TAD and picked up a Killarney 106 Pete as well as the Special Reserve and Summertime blends 2012 as well as the new and popular Nutty Cut blend. Just finished my first bowl of the SR and I love it! A great melding of chocolate, caramel, and coffee. Also, the tobacco flavors come out very nicely too. Can't wait to give the other two blends a try and hopefully it cools down soon so I can start breaking in my Killarney since I have to smoke outside.

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Tried the Summertime 2012. It's not quite as good as the other LE blends, but it's not bad. A decent mellow easy summer time blend that allows the tobacco to come to the forefront from time to time. It burns pretty cool and even though. Overall a decent summer smoke, but not as tasty as Peterson's other LE blends.
As for Nutty Cut, I LOVE IT!!! Great flavor transfer as well as a great leaf combintaion. Wonderful room note. The blend burns beautifully and doesn't need many relights. No tongue bite/burn. Overall a wonderful blend if you're looking for an aromatic.

sixmp

Can't Leave
Jan 19, 2012
They seasonal blends are great. My wife likes them too. Really looking forward to this years Christmas blend.
Cold night. Wind howling. Warm fire. Warmer wife.. ahh i can taste it now

hawk60ce

Lifer
Jun 11, 2012
I have a 2010 holiday and 2012 summertime. Neither of which i have smoked. I will be opening the summertime tomorrow tho and cant wait. Petersons aro's have never really disappointed me.

johncorosz

Can't Leave
Sep 15, 2012
Peterson's Summertime 2012..... I can't get over the LIME taste they added. It overpowers the other tastes. Sorry but I have been using it to blend with a variety of other tobaccos.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I've got a tin of McClelland's 2003 Christmas Cheer that I plan on opening on Christmas to have a smoke with my father. I hope it's great with 9 years under it's belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.