PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I fished an old Peterson Dublin out d'bay last week and it arrived this afternoon. When I removed the stem from the shank, it had a stinger jammed in it!!

I was almost as horrified as I was the night in 1962 when I saw those damned flying monkeys dressed up like hairy little bell-hops, and and yanked it out as fast as I could.
Was there ever a Peterson offered with an aluminum stinger?

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
It's a #120 Sterling Dublin
100_0533.jpg

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
LOL!! So YOU got that one!! Good grab. As I recall i took one out of a Galway. But then I have trouble remembering breakfast!

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I doff my chapeau sir,….you have a well trained eye,...yes, 'twas I that was the fortunate one.
As it turned out, it’s quite a lovely pipe,.......although one that’s due at least a week’s worth of work. One that will eventually end up as one of my beautiful implements of joy.
Stinger or not.

chuckw

Oct 7, 2009
What you've come up with is an old Sterling, possibily a Pre-Republic pipe. There is a difference in the Sterling series of old and the current production Sterling Silver. The old pipes were mid/high grades while the new ones are entry grade pipes. One of my Sterling's came with a stinger. It disappeared almost instantly.

excav8tor

Can't Leave
Aug 28, 2010
South Devon, England
I have a 1980 stirling 314 Premiere, and that came with a screw in stinger. It was consigned to File 13 (the stinger that is) about 10 seconds after I took the stem from the mortice.

mlaug

May 23, 2010
Iowa
I wouldn't throw those away...it could double as an ice pick for your drinks!

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
I have a 1985 #120 on the way, now I wonder if it has a stinger in it..

thuber88

Might Stick Around
Feb 3, 2013
Thanks, its this one
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300856749353?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Status
Not open for further replies.