PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelly99

Lurker
Mar 28, 2010
We have had a heck of a time getting some Peterson pipe models in Canada here. I was wondering if that was a factory problem or the Canadian distributor.
In our retail location we were ordering 10 models, getting 2.
To the point where I stopped ordering Peterson pipes. If anyone can shed light on that, would be great.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
Shelly, I had a conversation with Angela Fortune just the other day. She is the customer relations VP for Peterson. She mentioned in passing that they are very busy trying to keep up with their orders. I assume from that, that some pipes aren't being produced for various reasons. A shortage of suitable briar, espacially for the higher grades, being just one of them. Jim lilley and I should probably take some blame for that. We are "Pete Nuts" and hype them every chance we get. From what I've read both here and on other forums, we seem to be having an effect.

fred

Lifer
Mar 21, 2010
It's a pleasure to read about a company that still places product integrity

over filling orders. Thanks ChuckW.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
I just received a reply e-mail from Angela Fortune over at Petersons HQ and she assured me that the rumor is totally untrue.I just printed out the e-mail and Im going to bring it down to the guy who told me that they were no longer going to be suppling tobacco to the US.

romeowood

Lifer
Jan 1, 2011
The Interwebs
Don't bother taking it to him, ed--take it to his manager or the owner. It sounds like he's already past the point of educating.
Well I know who I'll come calling on next year when I want to barter out a year-old tin of the stuff romeo.
If I'm ever in the DFW area, or you're in NYC, I'd gladly share a bowl with you! It's an amazing, ambrosial confection, this Holiday Blend. Their 2009 doesn't hold a candle to it, nor does any other blend I've tried. I can't imagine an improvement on it, in fact.

nyed001

Might Stick Around
Feb 1, 2011
@romeowood
I believe youre right,it would just be a waste of time making a special trip just to try and educate this guy.Ill do it the next time Im down by his shop.....LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.