PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I have a lot of system standard pipes and enjoy them immensely. They do not require any cooling time to disassemble. Can be done during the heat of the moment and put back together.

I only have 1 Pete system with a condenser that I've smoked regularly at this point, (Star line) but in my experience with it so far, I wouldn't say it performs better than the system standard(s) in my stable.

Looking forward to trying the System Spigot I've got on the shelf to give to me sometime.

And as a side note, I've a couple of the new short army Petes with the concavity at the end of the stem, and that works well as a condenser in my opinion.

• Love
Reactions: AroEnglish

Sacred_summit

Might Stick Around
Jan 24, 2024
Calgary, Alberta.
I found this out just a moment ago when googling how to clean a standard system pipe. I had no idea, my apologies for providing false information. I appreciate everybody jumping in to correct my mistake.
I now love my system pipes even more! I only wish I had more of them lol...
I'm now wondering if NONsystem pipes that have metal around the mortise can be taken apart when hot. I've created a thread about it.
I have several Petersons with silver or copper mounts surrounding the mortise, and my 4th generation pipes have metal surrounding the mortise. I'm guessing I can remove the stem when the pipe is hot without issue.
(Is it the wood in the shank that warps if you remove the stem when hot, or can the plastic stem warp too?