PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

panamacharlie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 13, 2016
I have two Peterson Systems, and four Savinelli Dry Systems. The Savs take filters, the Petes don't. None are difficult to clean, and the reservoirs do prevent gurgling and do prevent liquid from reaching your mouth. Mine have P-lips, which make them easier to clench with my dentures. These six are my most smoked by far.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
the Petes don't.
I have System pipes fitted with 9mm stems by Peterson at the factory:

Peterson System ($)

Peterson System Premier ($$)

Peterson System Deluxe ($$$)

dread

Lifer
Jun 19, 2013
You can buy System pipes drilled out for 9mm filters, mostly on overseas sites. Search English and Irish pipe sellers on the web and on the bay and you will see them if you want them. I have multiples of both types, all shape 303. I like the pipes, and I don't get why folks are hassled with cleaning them. Once you finish your regular cleaning, just fold a used pipe cleaner in half, make the crease and the bend tight, and stick it in the reservoir and twist. Takes all of 5 seconds total time and it is done. I like the dry smoking of the pipes.

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Just picked up one off the bay. Will restore it when it gets here and then see how it smokes........and cleans."
St. Peter, hopefully you will perform the latter afore attempting the former :puffy:
Regards,
Jay.

snowyowl

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 21, 2015
Panamacharlie, that was a very insightful contribution to which the forum will be eternally grateful
Not so fast/sarcastically, Jay.
Due to an error on the interweb, or just on this ye-olde-type-server,
P-Charile's comment has been vacated of its contents. His original comment, now blank, was a response to mine.
He posted a quick note earlier today to say: only his System pipes acquisitions (two, so far...) were non-filtered.
It is UNFORTUNATE AND QUICK-TRIGGERED that folks here (and elsewhere) like to shoot from the hip.
Training (vs. bluster) is key.
[SnowyOwl... SpecialOps, SEAsian theater '71-73]

mawnansmiff

Lifer
Oct 14, 2015
Sunny Cornwall, UK.
"Training (vs. bluster) is key. [SnowyOwl... SpecialOps, SEAsian theater '71-73]"
Not so sure I get your point Snowyowl, why is his posting blank? My 'sarcastic' comment was obviously tongue in cheek and not intended to offend. Also not sure of the significance of your employment record but in keeping with the theme below is a little of mine :puffy:
THF chef '82 - '88
Wood machinist '89 - '91
Market gardener (herbs) and sheep farmer '91 - '99
Regards,
Jay.

Status
Not open for further replies.