PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Maybe I got lucky, maybe not. I found this 2008 St. Patrick's Day 05, so I got it while I could.

2011-05-24_13-52-35_956.jpg

I'm a sucker for Green and the 05 shape.
2011-05-24_13-51-52_641.jpg

Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Very nice pipe indeed, nabottle. Myself, I've been looking after some pipes of the year by Savinelli and Peterson. Problem is, I don't tend to have the money when I finally find one, lol.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
I know what you mean. Most of them are way out of my price range too, but this one was very reasonably priced.

rfrostrevelation

Might Stick Around
Mar 29, 2011
That's beautiful! I too am a sucker for green stained pipes (just don't tell Uncle Arthur). I've been looking for a St Paddy's '08 for a while that's not outrageous expensive. Good find bud!

dispatch

Might Stick Around
May 11, 2011
My god, thats a beautiful pipe! You have us all jealous now. I hope you are satisfied! :cry:

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Love the green staining. I have an 05 shape in the Aran series and I love it. Great balance and pretty light. When I saw it online I figured it'd be more of a holder than a clencher, but when I had the first break in bowl of it I found it actually clenched quite well. Only drawback I've had with my 05 so far is the first few runs through with the pipe cleaner were a little tricky, but I've gotten the hang of it now. Enjoy that one, it's a beauty and the shape smokes really well.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
The 05 pipes are among my favorite Petersons. Just a nice comfy shape to hold and pleasing to the eye. Now about that green pipe.................

nemrod

Can't Leave
Apr 28, 2011
Sweden
Absolutely fabulous pipe - I love Petersons green stain and it goes super with silver mounts/rings!

eaglerico

Lifer
Jan 8, 2011
I love the green. I have a green pipe my self. Not as nice as yours but I like it. Nice grab.

May 10, 2011
As we speak I'm in the process of bidding on a unused 08 St. Pattys Day Peterson!!! I'm just keeping my fingers crossed and saying a prayer to Saint Patrick. LDJ :worship: :worship: :worship: :D

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Yeah Peterson has a few yearly specials. There's obviously the St. Patrick's Day pipe, but they also do a Father's Day pipe and a Pipe of the Year as well as a Holiday/Christmas Pipe. Peterson also has special tobacco blends that they put out such as their yearly Special Reserve, Summertime, and Holiday.

nabottle

Can't Leave
Apr 27, 2011
Hey Lowdesertjonathan - Good luck on the bidding and welcome to the forum. And to Dispatch - A raffle? Hmmmm....I may have to pass on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.