PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have a tin of Peterson's Irish Flake I am looking forward to opening. I keep puffing my way toward various excellent blends, but oh so slowly. This thread may encourage me. At least I have it on deck.

badbriar

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 17, 2012
Suncoast Florida by the Beach
I have to say this tobacco blew me away. I felt as if a brick wall hit me. I have been very disappointed by most of the tin tobacco’s. The reviews allured me to buy them, but I wasted my money. Nightcap, Elizabethan, 1792, Full vergina Flake, cabbies Mixture to mention a few all hopeless, but not Peterson Irish Flake.
You should put the others up to trade - maybe can get more IF for them. The Dunhill and Cabbies are pretty popular! Good luck.
Good short review, BTW.

whsergent

Can't Leave
Jan 8, 2020
Just had a half a bowl from one of the old square tins. First place i looked had the newer round tin in stock.

Reactions: danimalia

saltedplug

Lifer
Aug 20, 2013
I was in love with Irish Flake for perhaps two years but then put it down for some other glittering prize.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Glad to know about the sturdy nic. I always do better with high nic blends if I know what's coming and handle it accordingly. First a small bowl pipe, to get the measure, then 2/3 bowl. Once I get my balance, I'm good. I have just plunged in, but late in the evening, on a big meal, with plenty of liquids in me.

Jan 27, 2020
Glad to know about the sturdy nic. I always do better with high nic blends if I know what's coming and handle it accordingly. First a small bowl pipe, to get the measure, then 2/3 bowl. Once I get my balance, I'm good. I have just plunged in, but late in the evening, on a big meal, with plenty of liquids in me.

How do you like University Flake?

jdb67

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 18, 2020
Albuquerque, NM
I have a good memory smoking IF with a friend (pretty sure alcohol was involved and an empty stomach) when all of a sudden I was on the ground with the room spinning. Good times...but not something I try to repeat. To this day when I see him he says (use your thickest Irish accent)...Ohhh, the Irish flake, laddie.

Reactions: wolflarsen
Jan 27, 2020
I have a good memory smoking IF with a friend (pretty sure alcohol was involved and an empty stomach) when all of a sudden I was on the ground with the room spinning. Good times...but not something I try to repeat. To this day when I see him he says (use your thickest Irish accent)...Ohhh, the Irish flake, laddie.

That happened with me, forget what tobacco, and a bottle of arak the other night. Really unpleasant.

Status
Not open for further replies.