PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
Foggymountain... 7 pounds!!!
Baron-great review, the only PS blend I've tried is proper English... Not sure if I'm smoking Balkan blends right, but they seem to be a bit much for me. Too full, maybe in a big bowled pipe with a light filler??

Apr 26, 2012
Washington State
I tried this for the first time about 2 weeks ago and it was good. Got a good size sample from a friend, and I've had a couple bowls now. Its a nice smoke and something I could smoke daily.

sjpipesmoker

Lifer
Apr 17, 2011
I've tried to get into Balkan blends and they just don't agree with me, The only way I can put it is it's too spicy smoky for me?? I've tried a balkan light and while it good, still didn't agree. I love me some PS Proper English, to me that's the best english I've smoked.

Might have to try this balkan, since I like the PS line of tobaccos

Jul 15, 2011
I have heard tell that some people have problems with a specific tobacco manufacturer that just doesn't agree with them, and Im starting to think that Stokkebye might be the one for me. I normally love smoking aros and Englishes and I havent met too many of either that give me tongue scorch, but Balkan Supreme just hates my tastes buds. I really wanted to like this blend as the latakia content seemed just right, but alas, it's just not for me.
Baron, you obviously like the stuff. I have a couple of ounces of it that I probably won't smoke. Would you have any interest in a trade?

doctorthoss

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 6, 2011
Balkan Supreme is a pretty good blend. It's not spectacular or terribly complex, but it's nonetheless a solid smoke. Also, it's an inexpensive blend and it's actually available at two B&Ms in my area.

bubblehead33

Mar 17, 2012
Canada
gonna have to add some to my next order. have already smoked Proper English and enjoyed it, and have some English Oriental Supreme on the way. thanks for the great review Baron!

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
I've had some of this sitting on the shelf for a while being overlooked, I'm going to have to fire up a bowl of it tonight because of this thread.

johnnyxpipe

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2011
WOW! Good stuff. Going to have to make a large purchase of this to jar and keep on hand.

mikemacrdlnds

Dec 21, 2011
Smoke all three of the PS English blends; Balkan Supreme, Proper English, and English Oriental. Great stuff

smokey422

Can't Leave
Nov 20, 2011
If you like strong Balkans, PS Balkan Supreme is one of the best buys on the market. I bought my last lb. from Mars Cigars for $23.50. That's cheaper than many OTCs.
Smokey

Status
Not open for further replies.